• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with #26 paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with #26 paste

I was able to pirchase some #26 paste form a local auto parts store ,usually they only carry the liquid, but it appears that I may have a bad tin.
    When I opened it, it looked as if the wax had maybe melted then rehardened. I will try to get a picture or two of it when I get home tonight.
    Basically, I wanted to know if I can still use it our should I return it?
    Gary

That's what it looks like, kind of a glaze on the surface. It will be fine. I've actually melted it and hardened it on purpose (to mix 2 cans together) and it is fine even if that happens.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Hi Gary,

Can you please provide a photo? I too agree with Mosca, if you are seeing what I think it is, the wax is just fine!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I bought some at Auto Zone and it looked like that but it applies fine. Maybe it melted and hardened at some point in time. At first I though maybe some of the wax had been used, because the container didn't seem full, but I later found out that the wax doesn't come up to the top of the container.

Comment

Give it a try and if it doesn't seem right, then either take it back or call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-800-347-5700

When you use a Meguiar's paste wax for the first time, you have to break in, the can. The wax in the can after being poured, typically settles out somewhat flat, sometimes with irregular surface areas, what you want it the wax to be all flat so you can spin your wax applicator onto of the wax to liquefy it so that the wax will seep into your pad whereupon you can then more easily apply it. Because the new wax is flat and irregular, it doesn't invite the wax pad to easily spin on its surface until you disrupt it a little and flatten it all out.

When using a paste wax and spinning your pad over the surface, try to focus on the outer edges to use up the wax evenly as you work your way down the can. The natural tendency is to work the inside area of the can and in so doing, you end up with a cone shape in the can with plenty of wax on the outside of the can and bare metal in the center. Not a big deal, just a tip.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

the only problem i have with #26 paste is that I can't find it . I've been to two Auto Zones and can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
              the only problem i have with #26 paste is that I can't find it . I've been to two Auto Zones and can't find it
              AutoZone has quite carrying the paste version. As this is a product in the professional line, you may need to go to a professional paint and body store to find it now.

If you do find it at an AutoZone on clearance, they seem to have it for $.99!

Comment

Ok, here are the pictures:

Another tin (even worse):

This is a good tin, right?

Thanks for the help!
                Gary

Comment

Hi russell336,

There's problems with those products, the last jar might be alright, you won't know until you try it. Call Customer Care first thing in the morning and reference this thread. We have switched back to metal tin cans, instead of these plastic jars, which has given us back control over the cooling and thus the quality.

I'm not 100% sure if the new metal tins are shipping yet, if they're not you might want to wait or replace these with our liquid version.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, I called Customer Service and they are sending two new cans to me.
                    I did use the third can pictured on my black F-150 and I thought it came out pretty good. (F-150)
                    I also used it on a buddies car (Toyota 2005 Prerunner) and it came out looking good. I will post some pictures later today.

Thanks again for your help.
                    Gary

Comment

holy old thread..anyways...

I bought a tin of # 26 today and think it may have gone bad. It looks almost exactly like the first picture posted buy user russell336. Would customer care be able to help me with this? I can post a picture if it will help.

Thanks,

Pete

Comment

i think you can just go call customer care, the number is on the back of the can
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');