• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Glass Cleaner vs. Detailer Glass Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Glass Cleaner vs. Detailer Glass Cleaner

Could I get some opinions from anyone who has used the new NXT Glass Cleaner as well as the Detailer Glass Cleaner Concentrate?

Is the NXT Glass Cleaner as good as the Detailer line?

---

Off-topic: Does anyone have a recommendation of windshield wiper cleaner? Can any of the Meguiar's products be used as such?

Thanks for your help!

I think the NXT performs a bit better than the d-line glass cleaner concentrate. The NXT does a good job of removing bug spots with a little dwell time and very light scrubbing. The d-line stuff required a little more elbow grease. My windshield looks a bit better after using the NXT. The smell of the NXT stuff is great too.

I will continue to use the d-line stuff as I have over half a gallon left. If the NXT was a concentrate product I'd consider a switch.

For your off topic I use car wash soap (hyper wash)/water and a wash mit to clean the wiper blades when I wash a vehicle. Nothing special that I use.

Comment

Thanks for the info. scrub. It's too bad the Detailer line didn't work as well as the NXT for you. It would be much more economical to purchase the concentrate.

As for the off-topic question, I was in a hurry as I was leaving town for the weekend. My real question was in regards to windshield wiper fluid itself. Upon re-reading my post, it is quite obvious I didn't make that clear.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the answer anyway!

Comment

Hey,

Here is a link you may be interested in:

Cheers!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Gotcha.

Please allow me to clarify. The NXT is the pinnacle of glass cleaners. The D-line is a close second. I am very pleased with the concentrate. Compared to some other leading brands the D-Line stuff is the best. But it can't top the NXT.

Yes the gallon concentrate is a great buy.

I reread you off topic statement and it makes perfect sense. Sorry for my misreading. You saw what I was thinking and I was a bit confused too.

I use RainX window wash fluid. It is a good cleaner and great deicer. It also applys Rain-X protection every time its sprayed.

Please feel free to finish your thought about the washer fluid. You've got me curious.

How was your trip??

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
            Please feel free to finish your thought about the washer fluid. You've got me curious.

How was your trip??

I have heard, both here on MOL and other sources that general window cleaner, even Meguiar's, should not be used as windshield wiper fluid (especially Windex).

If that is the case, what are some of the recommendations? My father-in-law swears by distilled water.

I have a personal pet-peeve with not being able to see clearly (crystal clear) as I am driving down the road. I am even further annoyed by trying to clean the windshield, only to have the fluid leave it dirtier and leave an additional layer of film over the window.

Thanks for asking about the trip. It was the last out of two months of weekends driving 3.5 hours to help my parents repaint the inside of their house, the outside trim, lots of yard work, etc.

After having 4 years of renters in their house (the last renter was the worst), as they were absentee owners, the house was thoroughly trashed. So in an effort to maximize every dollar they can get from the house, my wife and I have spent every weekend helping them out.

Again, thanks for your help!

Comment

I understand what you're saying. The bug splats only smear at best with the rainx fluid. I'm not sure of a cure for this one.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');