• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, I'm bored so I'll post this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I'm bored so I'll post this.

Since I didn't buy any new finishing pads, I took one of my old 7.5" finishing pads (they are still good, because I rarely used them), centered the 5" backing plate on the pad and cut around the backing plate until I ended up with a 5.5" / 5.75" finishing pad. I've already checked and the backing plate can't come in contact with the paint while buffing. So now if I care to I have a wax application pad.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

I think that's a trick of the tray..lol
    I am pretty sure alot of people have experiment with many stuff. I would of done the same thing if I was bored and wanted to try out something different...

Comment

Re: Ok, I'm bored so I'll post this.

Nice. I have seen Mike Phillips cut a microfiber cutting disk to make 4 2" pads.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Ok, I'm bored so I'll post this.

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Nice. I have seen Mike Phillips cut a microfiber cutting disk to make 4 2" pads.

I think I'm going to clean up some of my polishing/cutting pads and make hand applicators for the areas the buffer wont reach
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');