• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to minimize CC Failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to minimize CC Failure?

I have a 1983 Lincoln Continental that looks like new. Except for CC Failure on hood, roof, and trunk lid. It is black on top, and grey on the bottom. Is there any way to make the bad CC less noticeable short of repainting the whole car? I'd rather not repaint it all because of cost and I'd like to keep the original paint if possible. Could I just sand down the affected areas and reclear them? Would a product like L'Oxide (http://oxideoff.com/) work?

Re: Is there any way to minimize CC Failure?

If it's oxidation then yes you can polish it off. If it is indeed clear coat failure then a repaint is the only fix. There is no product that can do anything for that.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

It is clear coat failure. If I repainted it, would I have to do the black/grey as well, or just the clear? Sorry for asking this here, it might be better suited for a body shop forum.

Comment

You have to repaint it black or whatever the color of the car is and then clear.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Baaky View Post
          It is clear coat failure. If I repainted it, would I have to do the black/grey as well, or just the clear? Sorry for asking this here, it might be better suited for a body shop forum.
          There's plenty of expertise here, no worries. A good detailer knows when paint is too far gone and needs a painter. Like The Guz said, the bad panels are going to have to be sanded down and prepped for paint, then the base coat(s) need to be reapplied and then shot with clear.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');