• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graduation present - FINISHED W/PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation present - FINISHED W/PICS

To start, 2 bucket wash with Gold Class Wash & microfiber wash mitt., let the car air dry while I gathered the other materials
    Started with Ult Compound on a cutting pad, so-so results so I switched to Ult Compound on a polishing pad. Much better. Once I got into the swing of things it went pretty smooth. I did the metal panels of the car then took a look at the front and rear bumpers and thought heck with it and pulled out the rotary with a polishing pad and did the majority of the bumpers with the rotary and the smaller areas by hand. It turned out ok considering that they are 20 years old and badly faded and scratched. The windows were cleaned with Ult Quik Detailer and 2 microfiber towels. Tomorrow I will be doing the interior - just a vac and light cleaning/dressing of the vinyl.

Just a "basic" compounding and sealing. The tires were not dressed in the after pics partially because the cleaner I used - Meguiars All Wheel and Tire Cleaner does such a good job of cleaning the tires, they look really good "naked." Sorry, no sun pics, the clouds weren't cooperating

Ok, enough talk ... on to the pics:

Ignore the crazy woman in the background, it's just the neighbor

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Graduation present - FINISHED W/PICS

Amazing work Don! That's a huge improvement! How did your nephew react when he saw his car after you worked your magic?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Looks great. Nice job.

Did you clay it?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

He hasn't seen it yet. I will call him around noon when he gets out of church to have him come pick it up ... the NEIGHBOR nearly had a cow when she saw the finished results (She saw it when he dropped it off).

I know I should have clayed, but the surface only showed minor contamination when I baggied it ... however the pads kept pulling so much embedded dirt that I had to clean or replace them more often than usual.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Fun fact: The sun is out and there are no clouds in the sky, if I can get my neighbor's I-phone I'll post some sun pics,
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Looks good. I'm sure he was stoked seeing how nice it came out.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Great work
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Looks good!
                  2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                  1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                  1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                  1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                  1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

He came and picked it up yesterday. I didn't post his reaction then b/c I had a lot of cleanup work to do putting all my tools and products away, Anyhow he was something like this when he actually saw the car:

He told me that he hadn't thought the car would ever get "clean, red and THAT shiny again." That's also when he told me that "I would have just hosed it down and wiped it off, I don't know how to take care of cars." Travis might be a good kid, smart and all (he's going for pre-med to become an Oncologist after high school). *I* was so shocked that I forgot to tell him anything about vehicle maintenance, I just stood there open mouthed. I suppose I'll have to take him aside next week when he comes over to clean the gutters and SHOW him how to do a proper wash at least and show him which wash mitt to get and give him some MF towels so I'll know he has some decent equipment. Maybe I'll just buy him the buckets (cheap at Walmart) and a quality mitt for his birthday. This boy definitely needs some heavy nudging to get the idea.
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');