• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way around not washing before using wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way around not washing before using wax

Wanting to get everyone

Re: Way around not washing before using wax

Wanting to get everyone

Comment

Sorry this site is not letting me do this

Comment

Wanting to get everyone’s advice on whether my method will damage the cars paint work. Due to having two young children I have little time to spend the day washing and waxing.I plan to do one panel at a time using the following method:Wash the section with meguiars ultimate waterlesswash and wax, then use the clay bar and last ultimate liquid wax.

Comment

That would work fine.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hi and welcome to MOL!

My small advice would be to begin the process with an exterior car wash. Even if it's just a quik 1. Then instead of using Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere to wash a panel prior to claying, I would use the Quik Detailer that comes in the clay kit. That way you're not applying wax on the panel and essentially sealing the contaminants into the paint just prior to trying to remove them with the claybar. It would also be a good idea to pick up an extra bottle of Quik Detailer [the same kind that comes in the clay kit] just so you don't run out of it midway through your process.
            I'd save the waterless wash & wax for when it comes time to maintain your waxed vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
              Hi and welcome to MOL!

My small advice would be to begin the process with an exterior car wash. Even if it's just a quik 1. Then instead of using Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere to wash a panel prior to claying, I would use the Quik Detailer that comes in the clay kit. That way you're not applying wax on the panel and essentially sealing the contaminants into the paint just prior to trying to remove them with the claybar. It would also be a good idea to pick up an extra bottle of Quik Detailer [the same kind that comes in the clay kit] just so you don't run out of it midway through your process.
              I'd save the waterless wash & wax for when it comes time to maintain your waxed vehicle.
              Yup, well said.
              The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us
              Serving: Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX

Comment

The wax in ultimate wash & wax anywhere is not meant to be a durable form of protection. If he chooses to work panel by panel rather than taking out the bucket and hose, the method will work. The clay will abrade and remove the wax and surface contaminants that are on the panel he is working on leaving the surface prepped for ultimate wax. If he wants to take it an extra step then follow up the claying with some ultimate polish or M205 and then protecting the paint.

D114 would of course be a better option in terms of a rinseless/waterless wash but with what he has it will work fine.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for everyone's advise. Will keep you posted how I go

Comment

Originally posted by sx4 View Post
                    Thanks for everyone's advise. Will keep you posted how I go
                    How old are the young ones? Maybe they're old enough to start learning so they can earn the use of the car(s) when they get their licenses. (Scary thought I know)
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"
                    2013 Camaro ... triple black
                    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

The oldest is three. She's good at using the hose

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');