• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M26 after one coat ULW ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M26 after one coat ULW ?

Guys,

Just received my Chevy SS and wanted to know if I should apply 2 coats of ULW or will 1 be enough if I top with M26? First coat is Curing

My SS is silver...

Thanks,
    Wig

1 coat is enough but wait 12 hours before applying m26.

Comment

Re: M26 after one coat ULW ?

Congrats on the new ride. Post some photos. I'm a fan of the SS.

One coat is good enough of each product.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guys! Will do when detail is completeWig

Comment

Would having a 120+ degree garage cure the polish faster than 12 hours?

Comment

Isn't the only benefit of waxing over an existing wax/sealant, is incase you missed a bit on the original application?

Bit like applying too thick of a coat of ULW. Just wasting product and effort.

IMHO best off using one or the other, and if you've not done so yet, pre clay. Even if the car is brand new, still clay it. Then after the clay and wax (no need to compound or polish, if the car is new, unless the dealer put it thru a machine) anyway....... after the clay wash and wax, do a QD of D115 every other day to keep that nice wax job / car of yours looking constantly showroom.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
              Isn't the only benefit of waxing over an existing wax/sealant, is incase you missed a bit on the original application?

Bit like applying too thick of a coat of ULW. Just wasting product and effort.

IMHO best off using one or the other, and if you've not done so yet, pre clay. Even if the car is brand new, still clay it. Then after the clay and wax (no need to compound or polish, if the car is new, unless the dealer put it thru a machine) anyway....... after the clay wash and wax, do a QD of D115 every other day to keep that nice wax job / car of yours looking constantly showroom.
              Yes and no. The sealant/wax combo is common and is often referred to as layering. In theory one gets the longevity of a sealant with the depth of a carnauba. The coat of carnauba becomes the sacrificial layer. One thing to note is the topper changes the surface tension so the beading and sheeting one sees is that of the topper. Once that is removed/gone then in theory the layer of sealant is left and then the beading and sheeting for that product is seen.

If you have never tried a sealant/wax combo you should. Some colors benefit more from layering such as darker colors. It's all personal preference.

If he was a professional detailer then yes time is money. But since this is his personal car then I say give it a shot.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');