• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning drop tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning drop tops

I have been reading around and it seems like the main recommendations for cleaning a convertible top, whether cloth or vinyl, rag top cleaner 303 cleaner. I have also noticed Meguiars has a convertible top cleaner but was wondering if there is any reason to use that instead of all purpose cleaner for this? But he top is a cloth top off a 2003 Mustang Cobra.
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Re: Cleaning drop tops

Really thought this would start a decent discussion. Is it just a win-win either way or has this been discussed too many times previous? Or a bad choice?
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Sorry buck91, looks like your threads not getting any love. I'm not much help to you, I've used APC, RAGG TOPP, carpet and upholstery cleaner. I may get some folks excited, but they all seemed to clean and rinse ok to me. I haven't tried the Meguiars. Nathan

Comment

I will add, I love the RAGG TOPP protectant. I don't know if it protects as good as they say, but if you get the top good and clean and put a few coats on and then bake it it the sun it does substantially improve the looks. Nathan

Comment

Well, I ordered the 303 kit off amazon. I have used the fabric guard in many applications and it has performed well so I figure we'll give this brand a go.
          2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');