• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to coat my next new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to coat my next new car

I have a few questions for coatings. I want to coat my new car that I'm going to buy next year. Will have it professionally corrected and opti pro coated.

im picking opti coat pro because it's the only one to claim Permanent vs other coatings that do not make this claim.

while I research this coating I seem to hear a lot about water spotting.
    in addition, how do I really know if the coating has worn off or not?
    Can I use iron x and not worry about the coating coming off? Clay bar?

for headlight and rear tailight is it better to use opti lens?
    for windshield and windows use opti coat or another coating?

Re: Wanting to coat my next new car

You may want to contact optimum directly. Opti-lens works well on headlights but if you are having the car professionally coated why not use opti coat pro on all surfaces.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      You may want to contact optimum directly. Opti-lens works well on headlights but if you are having the car professionally coated why not use opti coat pro on all surfaces.
      I actually joined the Optimum forums, but the forums almost seems dead. Some of the latest threads on the coating are not responded to.

I think people say opti lens is almost the same as opti coat except it has more UV absorbers.
      In the Desert Heat, and my new job where I would have to park my car outside, I can always use more UV protection.

Comment

Well I mean to actually contact them by email or phone.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

My suggestion: Use Cquartz to coat (or seal) your car. It is relatively easy to apply and lasts for months (if not years). No coating is permanent. If it was, paint would last forever. Water spotting is the remnant of materials in suspension in water that has dried on a paint's finish. You can tell if any coating has worn off by looking at it and also the lack of water beading. I use IronX to remove buildups on wheels. Not sure you plan on coating your wheels,but it won't work on top of a coating (or sealant). You can use a clay bar over a coating (or sealant). It will remove any materials stuck on the surface. I wouldn't coat my windshield or windows - just my personal preference.
          Art Layton
          2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');