• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cement saw sprayed my car :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cement saw sprayed my car :(

Some &$&#@ laborer decided to do sidewalk construction less than 1 foot from my car. They cut the sidewalk to remove it and re-pour it in accordance with ADA rules.

Anyway, this portion of construction wasn't due til next week which is why I parked in that spot. After realizing what happened and while the car was still wet, I immediately drove to the car wash and sprayed it off. Today, a day later, I realized it isn't all gone.

What is the safest way to remove left over concrete grit gently from my new car?

Venting: People do not give a rats *** about property that isnt theirs these days. It just kills me.

2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: Cement saw sprayed my car

I'd try some foaming agent to try and lift the residue up and hose off. Perhaps even a quick detailer might aid in lifting the residue and then gently wipe. I am certain others will chime in.

Comment

..and any pictures to clarify things for us?

Comment

Originally posted by mcleod52 View Post
        ..and any pictures to clarify things for us?
        Not really much to see after I sprayed the car off. The obvious damage is gone. But, on the windshield you can see grit and you can feel it on the paint.

Comment

Without looking at it I would say wash the car using standard 2 bucket wash. If you have a foam gun or cannon then I would pre-soak with that first.

Comment

White vinegar will dissolve concrete.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
              White vinegar will dissolve concrete.
              How would you apply it? In a weed sprayer or spray bottle then rinse with water?

Comment

I can't believe someone would not have the common courtesy and/or common sense to ask you to move the car before they started working so close to it!!

Is it raised chunks of dried slurry, or finer than that? Can you feel it with your fingers? Pics would help...
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazzz View Post
                  How would you apply it? In a weed sprayer or spray bottle then rinse with water?
                  Vinegar should do the trick as it breaks down the chemical bonds in concrete (trust me, I've had concrete poisoning before). I would either mix it maybe 50/50 with water and spray it on and if that doesn't help maybe apply some directly to something and hold it against the surface to help break down the concrete. When you get that off, claying and wax should help as well. Hope everything works out for you.
                  "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I agree use vinigar and power washer to get the contaminate off. After I would clay to pick out anything missed. Good luck

Comment

I decided to try UQD first then vinegar if that doesn't work. Reason is, so I don't have to wax the car unnecessarily.

So, went to diy car wash and sprayed UQD then soap then sprayed it off. Seems to be ok. Rinsed and went home. Car is clean.

Car was parked 7 minutes I came back out to clean the windows because UQD got on the glass. As I'm walking up to the car, a lawn company "laborer" was blowing dirt and grass clippings straight at my car, then got up close and blew at the side and under it.

I ****ing went off on him. I'm so sick of this. Maybe next time I'll just buy a rust bucket and give up.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');