• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Towel Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber Towel Recommendation

My current supply of microfiber towels are getting kind of ratty and dirty. They are beyond cleaning and it is time to buy some new ones. I am overwhelmed by the choices. Autogeek alone carries over 14 different kinds of towels. I just want one general purpose type of towel for wiping off waxes, dressing interiors, and the occasional quick detailer wipe down etc. (not a drying towel). Should I just get Meguiars towels and be done with it, or do you guys have any other suggestions. I will probably get 25-50 towels and can't spend a fortune. Maybe $2-$3 per towel range.

Any information would be appreciated

Re: Microfiber Towel Recommendation

For that price range the supreme shine towels from meg's are hard to beat.

I'd also suggest checking out TheRagCompany.com. They are my usual go to for towels.

Comment

DasBurninator,
      Thank you for the suggestions. I am familiar with theragcompany.com. The choices are just endless on their website. Do you suggest any particular towel from them. I am just trying to narrow down the choices. All of these places offer a million different towels and its hard to know which to choose from.

Comment

Are you looking for just a one towel to rule them all type of scenario or are you looking to split things up a bit for different purposes?

Comment

I use the edgeless eagle and the blue waffle weave. My main consideration is that they are made in Korea. Don't know what they do but seems to me they are the best.

Comment

I would prefer to stay with one general purpose towel. I want to keep things as simple as possible. I just want one general purpose type of towel for wiping off waxes, dressing interiors, and the occasional quick detailer wipe down etc. (not a drying towel).

Comment

If you can find a bulk pack of supreme shine's just get those. I use them for compounds, waxes and spray detailers and spray waxes. I use the ultimate wipe for sealant and wax removal.

I have the eagle edgeless but only use them for rinseless washing. Not for compound, polishes or waxes.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                If you can find a bulk pack of supreme shine's just get those. I use them for compounds, waxes and spray detailers and spray waxes. I use the ultimate wipe for sealant and wax removal.

I have the eagle edgeless but only use them for rinseless washing. Not for compound, polishes or waxes.
                Walmart stopped selling the 20 packs of Supreme Shine's. Not sure where to find a good deal on those any longer.

I think it would be difficult to only detail with one type of towel for me. Between cross contamination issues and different towels having advantages over others for certain jobs.
                If I was in that situation I would be probably using some sort of dual pile towel like this: http://theragcompany.com/16-x-16-Spe...6-SPECTRUM.htm

Comment

Yeah that's a bummer walmart stopped selling those. Auto Detailing Solutions has been out of stock with his bulk packaging as well. I don't see them on Amazon anymore either.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

For your mentioned requirements of MF towels, I would suggest getting the 100pk of premium MF towels 16x16 from ADS for $89.95.
                    I bought the last case of 40 meguiars ss towels for $54 on Amazon.... Never saw it available again since.
                    They only have the 3pk for like $7+
                    "STRIFE" aka Phil
                    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Mr. Stoops,

Does anybody carry Supreme Shine MF Towels in bulk? I haven't been able to find them anywhere online.

Comment

If you're a Costco member, they sell a 36-pack for around $16. Cheap enough that you can trash them after a few uses if they start getting gnarly/stained.

Comment

I love the supreme shine mf towels, I also like griots garage set I bought, they are super duper pillow soft, and I also have a set from chemical guys, that are silk lined, but I only like the one side, because they have different piles on each side.

But meguiars are my favorite all around

Comment

I like these..

Soft edgeless towel that will keep seams from scratching your paint. Treat your car right with this great towel that is the definition of the word "plush".

Comment

How many of those do you have?^

With how much those cost, and how many I'd need to have in order to feel complete, I'd have to be insane to spend that much on towels. Lol.

That being said, I'm getting pretty close to needing to replace a large portion of my batch of towels. The 40 Supreme Shines I scored way back when they had that sweet deal of 20 for $19 have served me well.. But there's only so long any towel can maintain an A grade. I'd like to buy about 60 new towels soon.

What's a guy gotta do to get a great deal on a quality microfiber towel these days? $4.70 per towel and that's their "sale" price down from the normL price of a whopping $10.75 per 14"x14" towel?! That's downright ludicrous. Smh.

BruhKGB makes alot more sense in my world.
                              Last edited by Eldorado2k; Sep 16, 2015, 08:37 PM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');