• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difficult Question need advice at a loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult Question need advice at a loss

Ok it is not often I am stumped when it comes to detailing.....

A little back story I usually polish wax a large 30+ft white enclosed car trailer every year.....

So the owner calls me and asks what I can do to fix the overspray on it, his neighbor was spraying a red wood stain of some sort from a spray gun and it went all over his trailer. It has been on there for several days. He tried acetone and that tool off the physical paint and ruined that spot, mineral spirits did nothing.

I have tried the mild/medium clay from the pro line and with very little luck and it is not time efficient at all. I have also used #85 and optimum hyper compound with a wool cutting pad and a rotary. I have pics I can post later. I was able to clear a 2x2 area after ALOT of work. There has to be a more efficient way, at this rate it would be cheaper to have the trailer repainted then to pay me what would take over 40hrs. The trailer has the metal rivets on the side as well.

Some advice would be great I am at a loss here

Re: Difficult Question need advice at a loss

What about a nano skin pad for a DA?

Comment

Might want to consider the aggressive nanoskin.

Another option is the red aggressive clay bar?

99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

May be a CarPro flash pad?
        The 6” CarPro Flash Pad was specifically designed to provide instant defect removal! The unique polyurethane foam allows you to easily remove heavy defects.

Comment

What is the trailer made from, fiber glass, metal or?

Bill

Comment

Maybe time to try the neighbors insurance company for a respray.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

I read somewhere about how pros will use razor blades on overspray. Try the plastic razor blades sold on AG, I think that's your best bet.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');