• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big trip after detailing and/or paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big trip after detailing and/or paint job

How you doing folks?

I did paint jobs several months ago due to minor accident and of course I could see some issues with it. Dealer has agreed to fix it but they haven't said how (some chipping, a minor blister like thing and then some minor dirt and/or dust). They told me they will let their paint people look at it and then they'll fix it whatever way they find appropiate to make it look mint. Maybe buffing, maybe painting it all over, I don't know.

I'm going on a big trip down to Florida in a few weeks. Will probably do 50 hours of driving that week maybe more. If they fix the paint now a few weeks before a big trip with lots of highway driving, could that be bad for me some how? Would the paint "wear and tear" easier for example while it's still fairly fresh? Any issues at all with anything?

Also I will be driving from cold weather to warm Florida weather if that matters.

Cheers
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');