• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your GO-TO MF for Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your GO-TO MF for Glass

I hear a lot about the Waffle Weave MF's on AG for window cleaning. Do waffle weaves deserve the credit and hype they get, or do you guys believe certain other microfibers work just, AS good, or better, for glass cleaning? And if so, what ones would you guys recommend?

Thank you!

Ray

Re: Your GO-TO MF for Glass

I use a regular MF cloth for windows. Can't remember the brand or where I got them. I just remember that (in my case) green MFs are only for windows. Other colors for other jobs.

Comment

I use regular MF as well like Blueline said but I typically use the short nap side though (works better for me).

Comment

I too just use regular ole microfiber on my windows. In my case they are blue. I do not recall their brand.
        I use Meguiars Supreme Shine MF on the car.
        I Never Use Signatures.

Comment

I use the cheapo 25 pks of MF towels from the big box stores, no issues.
          But the key is using as little glass cleaner as possible....I usually spritz 2-3 sprays onto the MF then wipe the interior windows. Flip over to the dry side to polish crystal clear.
          I use D120
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Thank you much guys, and STRIFE, I appreciate the tip of using as little cleaner as possible on the windows. I am very bad with using TOO much of product all over my cars.

Take care all!

Ray

Comment

I do not use any window cleaning products at all on my windows. I found nothing that works well, and I think I have tried most of them. They all seem to either streak, or leave some deposit that attracts more dirt/film. I use warm water soaked MF to wash, and a dry MF to dry. Never a streak, the windows stay cleaner much. much longer, and I save a few pennies.

Comment

Thank you Blueline!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline:569738
                  I do not use any window cleaning products at all on my windows. I use warm water soaked MF to wash, and a dry MF to dry. Never a streak, the windows stay cleaner much. much longer, and I save a few pennies.
                  Same here, I don't like using window cleaners. Grab a towel and purify drinking water and wet it. Wipe the the window with the wet rag and then wipe off with a clean towel. Btw, I like Meguiars ultimate wipe towels.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');