• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Cleaner and #80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Cleaner and #80

How necessary is it to use a paint cleaner before #80? I know using products that are specifically for one job or another (cleaner, polish, protectant) are typically more effective, but since 80 is a cleaner/polish has anyone felt there is a definite need or noticeable difference of using the two? Thanks.

-slippy

Re: Paint Cleaner and #80

Originally posted by slippysmit
    How necessary is it to use a paint cleaner before #80? I know using products that are specifically for one job or another (cleaner, polish, protectant) are typically more effective, but since 80 is a cleaner/polish has anyone felt there is a definite need or noticeable difference of using the two? Thanks.

-slippy
    Having just started using #80 I don't feel there is a need to use another cleaner prior to #80. Does a great job! I do like to add a little more pop with some #81 after #80.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Paint Cleaner and #80

Originally posted by slippysmit

-slippy
      Hey,

It depends if the #80 removes the marring you may have. If it does, there is no need to go to a stronger product like #83 DACP. Most details lately, I have only needed #80, albeit I am using a rotary buffer and following up with the PC.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

so is it safe to assume that any chemical paint cleaners are redundant if you have #83 and/or #80 in your detail steps?

Comment

Originally posted by tinman2
          so is it safe to assume that any chemical paint cleaners are redundant if you have #83 and/or #80 in your detail steps?
          Hey,

Yes. The #83 or #80 will clean the paint, and remove marring at the same time!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');