• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing swirls after M21 has been applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing swirls after M21 has been applied

Hello, So i had my new black car compounded and polished. The swirls got very light so i thought applying the M21 will take care of the rest. But, it didn't. Could be that i did not clay the car or perhaps the guy who compounded did not use the right technique with the machine, i'm not sure. Anyways, it's all sealed in now. What should be the next step towards a swirl free paint. Please advise.

Re: Removing swirls after M21 has been applied

Swirls are going to happen the more one touches the paint. Especially if it is a daily driver. They can be limited by following the proper washing technique as most defects occur during the wash process.

M21 is a sealant with no correction ability. Clay will also not remove swirls. A light polish will remove light to moderate defects. Heavier defects may need to be compounded.

How long ago was the truck polished?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Removing swirls after M21 has been applied

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Swirls are going to happen the more one touches the paint. Especially if it is a daily driver. They can be limited by following the proper washing technique as most defects occur during the wash process.

M21 is a sealant with no correction ability. Clay will also not remove swirls. A light polish will remove light to moderate defects. Heavier defects may need to be compounded.

How long ago was the truck polished?
      @The Guz...The car is black, roughly 2 months old but had dealer induced swirls. Had it compounded, polished and sealed with M21 about 3 days ago. But i noticed, that light swirls are still present.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');