• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Dish Microfiber Towels 100% polyester on my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Dish Microfiber Towels 100% polyester on my car?

After using the Meguiar's Car Magnet Drying Towel, I was told that I can apply Meguiar's M13501 Synthetic Spray Detailer on the car using a microfiber towel to help with the drying even more because my water magnet drying towel does get pretty wet at the end of the drying process.

Is it okay to do it with 100% polyester dish microfiber towels?

Also, my water magnet drying towel has some slight dark spots. I'm new to washing and may not have washed some area well so it got dirty. Will this scratch my car if I use this magnet towel again, or do I need to buy a new one?

When I use the Meguiar's M13501 Synthetic Spray detailer to help with the drying, can I use it if i have never polished or waxed my brand new black car yet? Thank you!

Re: Can I use Dish Microfiber Towels 100% polyester on my car?

I posted the washing vid link in your previous post.

I would recommend you use quality towels to avoid further damaging your paint. Pick up a couple more water magnets and cycle them out while drying. Ring them out as well as you move around the car and they soak up water. One can never have enough drying towels. In addition to that, using two towels with a drying aid works best. One to remove excess water from the paint while the drying aid has been sprayed on the paint and another to buff off any residue. I would pick up some supreme shines for the second towels to buff.

The drying aid works best if sheeting the surface to remove most of the excess water. Of course this will work best if the surface has some sort of protection o it whether it be a wax or sealant. It will be more difficult to sheet the water completely off from a surface with no protection as the water just lays and sticks to the paint. This is why I suspect your towels are soaking up too much water.

M135 is great but the protection from the product is short lived as it is a quick detailer. D156 leaves more protection behind as it is a spray wax.

Your wash media is just as important as the drying media used. I would recommend the Meguiar's microfiber wash mitt. Pick up a couple and have one as a spare for when it's time to cycle the old one out. Do not use it on the wheels and on the paint. This is going to cause cross contamination and could induce more defects onto the paint. Pick up some dedicated wheel brushes for the wheels.

Most important, wash your wash media and drying media to have them be clean for the next use. Laundry detergent is fine. There are dedicated microfiber cleaners that can keep the media softer for longer periods of time. Drying is just as important as they should be dried with no fabric softner.

This should give you a head start on how important the washing and drying techniques are important.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');