• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scratch x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratch x

I have a new sliver mazda 6. A few days ago, someone w/ a blue car hit it and left a small blue scratch on my car. I purchased meguiars scratch x, but was wondering how to apply it. I know to wash my car first, but do I let my car dry first before using the scratch x? HOw long do I let the scratch x sit on my car before removing? How do I remove the scratch x afterwards (with water)? Any help would be appreciated.

See this link for all the info.....

Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

thanks for the link, but it doesnt work. I can't bring up the page.

Comment

Can anybody please tell me more info about using this product? I just wanted to know if the car needed to be dry before using, and if I am supposed to rinse it off w/water, or let it dry on the car.

Comment

The paint should be clean and dry before using Scratch-X. A foam applicator works best, and you'll need to put some effort into working the polish. After a bit, it'll change from white to clear indicating that the abrasives have broken down. You might need to do several applications.

When done, wipe it off with a soft cloth. There is no benefit to letting the polish dry.
          Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Thank you for the info. I plan on trying this today. I will let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Here try this link. This is the proper application method for removing scratches and marring using Meg's ScratchX

Cheers!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');