• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Color

In going through my supplies last evening, I found a couple of clay bars stored in baggies. I vaguely remember buying it, but not the brand. It is blue in color.
    Normally I use yellow clay, which I read somewhere is a mild type. Is the blue a more aggressive clay, or is the color not a way of determining aggressiveness?
    Thanks.

Re: Clay Color

Light Blue is the color of Clay Magic's mild clay. I've used it for years and it's safe and non-marring on any paint I've come across.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Billy Jack. I am pretty sure it is mild as I have no need for an aggressive clay and would not have bought it if it was. It was just that I thought I had read somewhere that clay color determined the aggressiveness. Guess there is no industry standard in that area, so perhaps what I recall is some particular brand and only their color coding.

Comment

IIRC, Meguiar's C-2000 Mild clay is blue too.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');