• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust prevention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust prevention

Not sure this topic fits in this forum but im gonna throw it out there.

i started getting into entry level exterior detailing this year once i bought my new challenger. This car will get stored 3-4 months during the salty winter months of wisconsin. Now im focusing on my wifes new jeep we bought a few months ago which will be driven year round. Im gonna start with detailing of the paint but id also like to know if there are any good DIY rust proofing products for undercoating and for getting behind the panels? Anyone have any experience with rust proofing?

Re: Rust prevention

Don't know if you have RustCheck or Krown Rustproofing in your area but it is great stuff. I get my two cars sprayed every fall. My older car is an 06, and driven year round and on heavily salted winter roads, and the undercarriage is fairly rust free. Absolutely no rust in any of the painted panels.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');