• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere last?

Hi,

I've had a search but I couldn't find anyone talking about this.

How long does the wax protection on the Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere / D115 last?

And how long does it last in wintry conditions?

Thanks

Re: How long does Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere last?

A few days, at best. It washes off easily in the rain, although it could last a bit less than a week in all dry weather, assuming there is no overnight due cycle. It is not a true "wax" solution, but a fantastic cleaner and detailer.
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
      A few days, at best. It washes off easily in the rain, although it could last a bit less than a week in all dry weather, assuming there is no overnight due cycle. It is not a true "wax" solution, but a fantastic cleaner and detailer.
      Thanks. I couldn't find anyone else talking about how long the wax lasts.

Comment

How did you come up with this conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by firehorse View Post
          Hi,

I've had a search but I couldn't find anyone talking about this.

How long does the wax protection on the Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere / D115 last?

And how long does it last in wintry conditions?

Thanks
          How long will it last? That's a hard question to answer. It really depends on the surrounding environment. It won't last as long as one of the Meguiar's sealants. It may last as long as a wax.

Are you looking for this to be your main protection? Using it very often and it can be your main source of protection. It will take over as your protection the more it is used regardless of what wax/sealant product is used as the base layer.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hi,
            Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            How long will it last? That's a hard question to answer. It really depends on the surrounding environment. It won't last as long as one of the Meguiar's sealants. It may last as long as a wax.

Are you looking for this to be your main protection? Using it very often and it can be your main source of protection. It will take over as your protection the more it is used regardless of what wax/sealant product is used as the base layer.
            I was wondering about peoples real life experience as opposed the wording which says "Advanced polymer chemistry leaves behind a glossy, synthetic wax barrier that lasts weeks"

... how many weeks ?

I was wondering if it was my only protection, would I need to wash the car every week, every fortnight, every month to keep the wax protection.

Also I know the dry dusty weather in California would be very different from a London / New York winter.

So I was wondering if I could just use it as my only protection, or should I always have a wax underneath or always wax afterwards.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
              I was wondering about peoples real life experience as opposed the wording which says "Advanced polymer chemistry leaves behind a glossy, synthetic wax barrier that lasts weeks"

... how many weeks ?

I was wondering if it was my only protection, would I need to wash the car every week, every fortnight, every month to keep the wax protection.

Also I know the dry dusty weather in California would be very different from a London / New York winter.

So I was wondering if I could just use it as my only protection, or should I always have a wax underneath or always wax afterwards.

Thanks
              That's a tough question to answer. Here in Southern California it would probably last around 4-6 weeks stand alone. If you are in an area where you see lots of rain you may only get 2-3 weeks. In snow maybe less if they use similar chemicals to melt snow in other parts of the world like they do here in the states.

With a waterless wash, it is often used more often than not. Some use it weekly and some use it every few days. So there is a constant layer of protection on the paint. The wax product is not meant to be as durable as a stand alone product. Think of it as a maintenance product like the way a spray wax is used to maintain a wax or sealant.

If it were me I would have a base layer of something that is more durable and use D115/UWWA as a maintenance product to wash the car when a bucket wash is not needed.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

...Also I know the dry dusty weather in California would be very different from a London / New York winter...

Yes, this is truth. People who live in a desert with no rain might get weeks out of a spray product, but the rest of the world has weather. The London rain alone will mean UWWA will be ephemeral at best. I'd definitely just use it for a cleaner/detailer and then follow with a spray wax. Both together are much better, but don't fall for marketing hype regarding how long something is supposedly going to last. What we've learned is just to wax more often.
                Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                First Correction | Gallery

Comment

That's a tough question to answer. Here in Southern California it would probably last around 4-6 weeks stand alone. If you are in an area where you see lots of rain you may only get 2-3 weeks. In snow maybe less if they use similar chemicals to melt snow in other parts of the world like they do here in the states.

With a waterless wash, it is often used more often than not. Some use it weekly and some use it every few days. So there is a constant layer of protection on the paint. The wax product is not meant to be as durable as a stand alone product. Think of it as a maintenance product like the way a spray wax is used to maintain a wax or sealant.

If it were me I would have a base layer of something that is more durable and use D115/UWWA as a maintenance product to wash the car when a bucket wash is not needed.
                  Thanks. I was thinking I would have to do a base layer wax unless I was using it weekly.

Comment

Yes, this is truth. People who live in a desert with no rain might get weeks out of a spray product, but the rest of the world has weather. The London rain alone will mean UWWA will be ephemeral at best. I'd definitely just use it for a cleaner/detailer and then follow with a spray wax. Both together are much better, but don't fall for marketing hype regarding how long something is supposedly going to last. What we've learned is just to wax more often.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    Thanks.

Comment

Is it possible to strip all the wax off the car and just use a spray wax every week? Or do you recommend at least having a base layer and then just boost it over and over with UQW or GCQW? The full wax process can be very tiring after awhile, especially because my car sits outside almost all the time. It rarely is covered and I''m usually on the run/going places. I've found that the repeated applications of UQW (every week after a wash) has kept my car beading water tremendously and it never seems to lose that much protection.

Comment

Originally posted by spencers94 View Post
                        Is it possible to strip all the wax off the car and just use a spray wax every week? Or do you recommend at least having a base layer and then just boost it over and over with UQW or GCQW? The full wax process can be very tiring after awhile, especially because my car sits outside almost all the time. It rarely is covered and I''m usually on the run/going places. I've found that the repeated applications of UQW (every week after a wash) has kept my car beading water tremendously and it never seems to lose that much protection.
                        There are quite a few folks who use ultimate quik wax as a stand alone form of protection. It just won't be as durable as a regular coat of wax or synthetic wax.

Seeing as you are in San Jose, I would recommend using a base form of protection. That form being a sealant (aka synthetic wax) in ultimate wax. Then maintain with UQW until you need to apply another coat of protection. It does not take long to apply ultimate wax. It can be removed within 3-5 mins per panel it is applied to.

Polishing will remove all of the wax. You could try an IPA mixture but UQW is synthetic in nature and is not so easily removed. For a regular wax, IPA may or may not remove it all.

The other option is to use a cleaner wax like white wax every 3-4 months as it does 3 things. Clean, polish and protect. You could then maintain with UQW until you need to reapply. A cleaner wax will remove any previous layer of wax.

I would definitely recommend you pick up the new ultimate fast finish when it comes out. Seeing the videos on Meguiar's facebook page, application is quick and effortless. It also has a claimed longevity of 1 year. You can find more info here

Ultimate Fast Finish, Wash Plus+, Basic Headlight Restoration Kit, Two Step Headlight Restoration Kit, Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit, Keep Clear Headlight Coating, Perfect Clarity Glass Care Kit, Mirror Bright Vinyl & Rubber Treatment, Mirror Bright Polishing Wax Paste, Hot Rims Metal Polish, Hot Shine Reflect Foam, Dub Tire Foam, D166 Ultra Polishing Wax, 3" D/A Microfiber Discs,

Paint Protect 365 is always another option if you are looking for a base layer that will last a lot longer than a wax.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');