• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waxing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waxing question

i have been reading alot on here and i read where you guys put wax on the entire car and then buff it off. i was just doing it a body panel at a time. does this depend on what type of wax you are using or should i just do the whole car and then buff the residue off???

thanks for any info
    NA

Wax the whole thing !

I just waxed my mom's 94 Acura TL last weekend and it was a breeze using NXT Paste...the product went on effortlessly and came off even easier...did it by hand...unfortunately I didn't get any pictures cuz I wasn't thinking about the forum, just pleasing mom !! I did the whole car top to bottom and let it sit about 10 minutes, did the swipe test and then took it all off...best wax I've ever used and I've used plenty...go nuts !!
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

if you only do one panel at a time, and let it properly dry, it will take about 2 hours just to wax it. apply a thin coat to the entire car. If your using NXT wait anywhere from 10-20 minutes for it to dry. Perform the swipe test to see if its ready. If so, remove the excess and re-apply as desired.
      "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

thanks for the info, is this true for all waxes??? i always thought that you had to remove wax before it dried or it would be a pain to get off.
        Last edited by jimbo_01; Jun 7, 2005, 12:08 PM.
        NA

Comment

It is products like claeners and polishes that can be a pain to get off if dry.. esp polishes. That said, DC#1 seems quite easy to get off when dry...
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');