• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT and #26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT and #26

Two weeks ago I had my detailer put on a coat of #26. This weekend I decided to purchase my own random/orbital buffer so I could start doing my own wax jobs once again, and I also bought a bottle of NXT liquid since I've heard it works awesome on black paint.

I'm anxious to try it out, but have heard that it's better to put NXT down first, then #26 second, since the NXT will remove some of the #26. Is this true?

So I'm wondering how long I should wait before trying out the NXT?
    2018 Torch Red Corvette

Re: NXT and #26

Originally posted by Patman
    I'm anxious to try it out, but have heard that it's better to put NXT down first, then #26 second, since the NXT will remove some of the #26. Is this true?
    Yes, NXT does contain some sleight cleaning ability, it's rather interesting how many times this question is either asked, or the topic of discussion. So yes it will remove some of anything applied before it. What you're talking about doing is called Topping, that is topping, or applying one type of wax over another type of wax, generally speaking, you would apply a pure wax over a cleaner/wax or a polish wax, or a specialty wax like NXT.

While Meguiar's doesn't specifically endorse, or recommend topping, because a lot of enthusiasts like to do this, I have written a how to article to help you with the process by explaining a few fundamental ideas behind the process. You can read it by clicking the link below.

Topping NXT or other products

Go for it as soon as you can. Make sure your car is clean by either washing, or wiping it down with a quick detailer, you don't want any dirt or dust on the surface when you apply a wax as you will tend to grind this against the paint.

Most people apply NXT Tech Wax, and then top with,

M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax
    Gold Class Liquid Wax
    M1611 Professional Paste Wax

Read the article listed above first. Have fun!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: NXT and #26

Originally posted by Patman
      Two weeks ago I had my detailer put on a coat of #26. This weekend I decided to purchase my own random/orbital buffer so I could start doing my own wax jobs once again, and I also bought a bottle of NXT liquid since I've heard it works awesome on black paint.

I remember you from LS1.com! Welcome to MOL Patman.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: Re: NXT and #26

Originally posted by RamAirV1

I remember you from LS1.com! Welcome to MOL Patman.

RamAirV1
        That's me! I've been around the net a time or two!

Also, thanks a lot for that link Mike, I checked it out and it's got a lot of good info in there!

I will be trying out the NXT very soon now!
        2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Can anyone tell me when I should apply a sealant. I've been unable to locate a dealer with the #21, however I have found the M-2016. Is the sealant applied before the NXT Tech Wax or after, and has anyone used the M-2016, I would be intrested in the results that you got from using the product. Thanks.
          Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');