• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Procedure

Hi all,

On last Saturday, I've done the following procedure -> wash/clay/dc#1/dc#2/NXT Tech Wax/dc#3.

And the next day, has heavy rain. as i park my car outside, its become dirty.

and today i plan to wash my car... the question is,

1. after wash and QD, it is possible applying a NXT spray wax?

2. it is the spray wax need to dry before remove? how long?

3. after NXT Tech Wax followed by dc#, its possible to topped with NXT's as third layer of waxes? how long between NXT's - dc#3 - (or) NXT's as recommended?

Thanks.

After a good washing, you can definately apply the spray booster wax. It may not even need a qd if it is freshly washed.

The spray wax still needs to dry, but it will dry much quicker than the liquid/paste waxes. You will probably be able to spray wax the entire car, and then go right to removing, if only a slight wait, depending on climate.

I will mention that a little goes a long way, so dont over- apply. It surprised me how well it spreads.

The best is to wait 12 hours. Naturaly, you may not have 36 hours to wait. About 15-20 minutes will usualy be fine when layering.

If you are layering, you probably would want the bottom layers to be Nxt, and then the DC on top.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr,

What meaning for 'use quik detailer in between washing' (printed at the washes bottle).

Thanks.

Comment

Well, the Quick Detailer has 3 main uses.

1. It will help remove smears when removing wax. If you get caught with some wax smearing, maybe on a humid day, sqraying some QD on the area and then removing will often solve the problem.

2. If you have washed your car, but think it has lost a little shine, but dont want to rewax, QD will restore the shine and gloss to the surface. However, it contains no protection, and is just to make the paint look glossy for a little bit.

3. (This is what you mention.) QD can be used for removing light dust and finger prints. For instance, at a car show, you could use it to remove the dust and fingerprints before a judging, etc.

It is also usefull if you only get through some of your steps, maybe only one layer of wax, and have to leave the car outside overnight. You would then QD the car, and finish your steps, as only a little dirt should get on the car overnight. It is best to remember it is for only light dust, etc. Or perhaps it just rained, so you could use this to quickly remove water spots to prevent spotting/etching.

It is also handy for when a bird takes a liking to your car, or other junk ends up on your freshy cleaned/waxed car. Spray some on, then wipe away lightly. Then spray a little more, and do a final wipe.

So it sort of does a couple things in between washes, but isnt a replacement for washing, or nessacery to use right after.
        Last edited by Murr1525; Jun 7, 2005, 09:38 PM.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks murr!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');