• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wax for bug splatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wax for bug splatter

Any thoughts or recommendations on the best wax to protect against bug splatter and other contaminants. I have a terrible problem with bug splatter this time of year. I am looking for the best protection that makes removal easy. Bird droppings are also a problem. I have used or have the following:

1. DC3 - protection is very good but longevity is an issue with extreme humidity in my area but I have always been a fan of this product especially the old paste version;

2. Mother's FX Synwax - shine and look is awesome, second to none, but does not seem to protect to well against contaminants;

3. Have a can of Gold Class paste (new formula) haven't tried it yet. I used the old formula for years and seemed to offer good protection.

I have always used Meguiar's products and found them to be as a whole some of the best on the market.

The reason I posted this question is because I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (Black). The Mother's FX wax really looks great on the vehicle. However, the paint has been etched with bird droppings and other unknown contaminants in two or three spots, which makes me doubt the protection, even though I love the look. I don't let contaminants sit on the paint either. I remove them daily with Meguiar's QD. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: For the NXT lovers, I compared the NXT and FX side by side, and liked the FX look better. Therefore, that is why I have used the FX instead of the NXT.
    Bama

Re: Best wax for bug splatter

Originally posted by Bama

I have always used Meguiar's products and found them to be as a whole some of the best on the market.

The reason I posted this question is because I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (Black). The Mother's FX wax really looks great on the vehicle. However, the paint has been etched with bird droppings and other unknown contaminants in two or three spots, which makes me doubt the protection, even though I love the look. I don't let contaminants sit on the paint either. I remove them daily with Meguiar's QD. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: For the NXT lovers, I compared the NXT and FX side by side, and liked the FX look better. Therefore, that is why I have used the FX instead of the NXT.
    Hi Bama,

No wax is going to offer 100% guaranteed protection against the damage caused by most bird droppings. The best practise is to remove them as quick as possible. Meguiar's best protecting wax is our NXT Tech Wax, if you're happy with the look of the Mother's wax, but are unsure of the protection quality, you might want to consider switching back to NXT.

In the end, it will always be your personal preference. See my signature line.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Bama,

Have you tried NXT over Mother's?

Welcome to the forum BTW.
      r. b.

Comment

I have always used Meguiar's waxes - either the DC3 or Gold Glass. I have always been impressed and pleased with Meguiar's, especially the protection provided by the company's waxes. However, I have used some of Mother's products with good results. On the new 4Runner, I decided to experiment a little. I applied FX and NXT to the hood (half on oneside and half on the other). This instance was my first try with a Mother's wax. Personally, this is just my opinion, I liked the look of the FX wax better and the surface was super slick over the NXT in a side by side comparison. I have never used NXT on an entire vehicle. To me, the FX looks better.

I am considering trying the new Gold Glass formula, paste, since I have a new can to compare the results. I have always been a fan of the Deep Crystal Carnauba. I really loved the paste, but I don't guess it is available anymore.

I am really just trying to balance protection with gloss and trying to find the right product. Now, I am just questioning the protection of the FX wax, but I think my problems could have probably occurred with any type of wax. I appreciate all of your comments.
        Bama

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');