• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M#21 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M#21 question.

Hiya,

How do long do I need to wait for apply next layer?
    Do you leave the M#21 on the panel for XX amount hours then buff it out or buffed out then wait for next XX hours to apply next layer?

Hey,

Ideally, it would be best to wait overnight before applying the second coat as #21 is a Synthetic Sealant. However, in some cases, waiting is not an option. Either way, you are going to love the #21!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Tim,

Say, if I wanted to leave over night. Do I just leave the sealant on the car and wait till next day then buff it out?

Comment

let the product dry for about 15 minutes. Use the "swipe test" to see if it is ready to be removed. After you remove the product, THEN wait until the next day to apply the next coat

Comment

05PhillyStang,

Thanks bro, I just wanted to make sure
          What if your car thats park outside(no indoor garage). That mean I need to rewash the car again before I re-applied another layer of sealant, correct?

Comment

Klnyc - I have the same issue (no garage) I would go over the car with speed detailer the next day before applying the second coat. Also, it's not imperitive that you wait 12-24 hours. You can apply, let dry, remove, then go right to the second coat. You may not get as good results compared to waiting 12-24 hours but difference will probably be minimal.

If you go right to the second coat, you still get a great result, plus you don't have to worry about dust accumulation overnight that can harm your paint when you apply the second coat a day later if it is not fully removed.

Comment

05PS,

Thank you...Hopefully this weekend wont rain.

Comment

Hey,

Looks like the others beat me to it! After doing the swipe test, wipe off the #21 and then leave the car overnight. In the morning, wipe it down with Last Touch or Speed Detailer and apply and remove a the second coat.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');