• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

    I know using all 3 products would get me the best protection, but if I were to use only one product, what would get me the best protection of the three following options?

    Applying "Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax G200416" with DA action polisher about once every 3 months

    OR

    Applying "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax" G190526" by jusy spraying after washing and rinsing and before drying about 8 times every 3 months?

    OR

    Applying "Utimate Fast Finish" about once every 2 months? (since it's less effort that pulling out the DA polisher I could apply a little more often)

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

    It is going to be up to personal preference. Do you want to venture into the latest technology with SiO2 or do you want to stay with polymers.

    You can use HCLW and maintain it with HCW as well. By the way one does need a machine to apply HCLW. It can be done by hand just fine.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

      Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      It is going to be up to personal preference. Do you want to venture into the latest technology with SiO2 or do you want to stay with polymers.

      You can use HCLW and maintain it with HCW as well. By the way one does need a machine to apply HCLW. It can be done by hand just fine.
      Thanks for the reply! I do want to venture into the lastest SiO2 technology. I added UFF because I still have like half a can left. Not sure if I should use still use it or discard it if the technology is too old/inferior.

      I kinda have had good luck with the HCW (spray, blue bottle) but after watching several youtube videos, it doesn't seem to perform as well as some of the competitors products, looking closer at other Meg's SiO2 products, it seems my best best in terms of best protection and durability would be M27 instead? Applying around every 3-6 months with DA to the whole car and then wipe off?

      One advantage of only applying with DA/finishing pads would I'd be touching the paint less during maintenance, since I could dry with just leaf blower after the wash, instead of rubbing the dry towel with overall less lubrication while trying to apply HCW spray, I know I can also do touchless application which I do like half of the time but seems to need double of the product for half the performance vs application with towel in dry or a little wet surface

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

        Originally posted by vwite View Post
        I know using all 3 products would get me the best protection, but if I were to use only one product, what would get me the best protection of the three following options?


        Why do you think using three is better than one or two? Is it only because you think using more products affords more protection?

        According to the manufacture, using any of the methods you mention affords the same protection. As far as protection goes, you are probably really looking at water beading, UV protection and protection from light fall out and bird droppings.

        Personally, if I had to pick one that I would follow, I'd eliminate using Hybrid Ceramic Way as a spray on and power wash off application. Way too many variables to know if it is being evenly applied. Personally, I use it every once in awhile diluted with water and in a spray bottle.

        If I had to choose, I'd used Liquid Wax applied every 3 months, hands down. What I'd also do is wash once a week and refresh with FF. FF takes about 5 minutes to apply after a wash. If you can find it at Pepboys it is about $5 right now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

          Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
          Why do you think using three is better than one or two? Is it only because you think using more products affords more protection?

          According to the manufacture, using any of the methods you mention affords the same protection. As far as protection goes, you are probably really looking at water beading, UV protection and protection from light fall out and bird droppings.

          [/COLOR]
          Actually, I may be wrong on this, I read on other threads that it is better to apply ceramic wax on a "clean" surface, after claying, polishing and without anything else on the paint to achieve better bond and best durability, however I've also read that "ceramic wax" needs to be the top layer if I want the best water beading and "self-cleaning technology", which is what I'm really looking for since it rains here almost every day. My car almost always have that "just washed" look because water just flies off the car as I start driving while all other cars are full of rain marks/water spots.

          So if anything, according to the Meg's rep, the order should be

          1. Ceramic wax as foundation
          2. True wax or another sealant more oriented for gloss (optional)
          3. Ceramic wax on top for beading and "self-cleaning"

          He mentioned putting for example UFF over a ceramic wax would ruin the water beading.

          I don't think UFF is oriented to gloss, it's more like also for protection so not sure if I should keep using it in the middle or just stop using it, as you say it only takes 5 minutes to apply but it's still more risk of introducing new swirls, I just ordered a MM "Crazy Pile" though which seems it will be a extremely safe towel for this.

          Originally posted by tcope1 View Post

          Personally, if I had to pick one that I would follow, I'd eliminate using Hybrid Ceramic Way as a spray on and power wash off application. Way too many variables to know if it is being evenly applied. Personally, I use it every once in awhile diluted with water and in a spray bottle.

          If I had to choose, I'd used Liquid Wax applied every 3 months, hands down. What I'd also do is wash once a week and refresh with FF. FF takes about 5 minutes to apply after a wash. If you can find it at Pepboys it is about $5 right now.

          [/COLOR]
          Haha I actually have a similar method when I do the "touchless application", I realized it takes me around 20-25 trigger presses to cover the whole car, according to how Meguiars show it in the videos, for example around 3-4 sprays for a medium hood. So I spray the ceramic wax (blue bottle) around 25 times inside a small 64 oz pump sprayer, then add around 32 oz of water and shake and spray way more evenly all around the car, then rinse off with pressure washer.

          It seems to work to some degree, I do immediately notice some boost in beading and it becomes easier to dry the whole car with the leaf blower, however as I mentioned previously, it seems to take double the product for half the performance. But I take the extra cost to avoid introducing new swirls while rubbing towel.

          I know it's more expensive now, but my first bottle was around $9 with a coupon at Walmart when it just came out and the bottle had last me quite a few applications, the cost per application seems to be less than a buck on this first bottle.

          I know with M27 would be around $7-$10 per application, but I hope it lasts longer.
          Last edited by vwite; Jul 5, 2020, 09:11 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

            Originally posted by vwite View Post
            Actually, I may be wrong on this, I read on other threads that it is better to apply ceramic wax on a "clean" surface, after claying, polishing and without anything else on the paint to achieve better bond and best durability, however I've also read that "ceramic wax" needs to be the top layer if I want the best water beading and "self-cleaning technology", which is what I'm really looking for since it rains here almost every day. My car almost always have that "just washed" look because water just flies off the car as I start driving while all other cars are full of rain marks/water spots.

            So if anything, according to the Meg's rep, the order should be

            1. Ceramic wax as foundation
            2. True wax or another sealant more oriented for gloss (optional)
            3. Ceramic wax on top for beading and "self-cleaning"

            He mentioned putting for example UFF over a ceramic wax would ruin the water beading.

            I don't think UFF is oriented to gloss, it's more like also for protection so not sure if I should keep using it in the middle or just stop using it, as you say it only takes 5 minutes to apply but it's still more risk of introducing new swirls, I just ordered a MM "Crazy Pile" though which seems it will be a extremely safe towel for this.



            Haha I actually have a similar method when I do the "touchless application", I realized it takes me around 20-25 trigger presses to cover the whole car, according to how Meguiars show it in the videos, for example around 3-4 sprays for a medium hood. So I spray the ceramic wax (blue bottle) around 25 times inside a small 64 oz pump sprayer, then add around 32 oz of water and shake and spray way more evenly all around the car, then rinse off with pressure washer.

            It seems to work to some degree, I do immediately notice some boost in beading and it becomes easier to dry the whole car with the leaf blower, however as I mentioned previously, it seems to take double the product for half the performance. But I take the extra cost to avoid introducing new swirls while rubbing towel.

            I know it's more expensive now, but my first bottle was around $9 with a coupon at Walmart when it just came out and the bottle had last me quite a few applications, the cost per application seems to be less than a buck on this first bottle.

            I know with M27 would be around $7-$10 per application, but I hope it lasts longer.
            You are way overthinking this. You already know you want to venture into new technology. So use the HCLW and as I mentioned and there are videos on the Meguiar's channel stating one can use the HCW spray as maintenance or the the ceramic detailer. SiO2 products are going to offer what you are looking for. UFF is not going to meet that criteria.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

              Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              You are way overthinking this. You already know you want to venture into new technology. So use the HCLW and as I mentioned and there are videos on the Meguiar's channel stating one can use the HCW spray as maintenance or the the ceramic detailer. SiO2 products are going to offer what you are looking for. UFF is not going to meet that criteria.
              Thanks Guz, what about using M27 instead of HCLW?

              It seems best option is stop using UFF and just keep two steps:

              1. M27 every few months (quick polish with ultimate polish or M205, then apply M27, both with DA polisher)
              2. Try to maintain with touchless, and almost effortless application of Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray after every couple of washes, this only adds like 6 minutes of spaying diluted solution all over the paint surface with pump sprayer and then second rinse with pressure washer

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

                You may want to sign up for this and get more information. Should be a good thing to watch.

                https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...f-7-6&p=595256
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

                  Originally posted by vwite View Post
                  Actually, I may be wrong on this, I read on other threads that it is better to apply ceramic wax on a "clean" surface, after claying, polishing and without anything else on the paint to achieve better bond and best durability, however I've also read that "ceramic wax" needs to be the top layer if I want the best water beading and "self-cleaning technology", which is what I'm really looking for since it rains here almost every day. My car almost always have that "just washed" look because water just flies off the car as I start driving while all other cars are full of rain marks/water spots.

                  So if anything, according to the Meg's rep, the order should be

                  1. Ceramic wax as foundation
                  2. True wax or another sealant more oriented for gloss (optional)
                  3. Ceramic wax on top for beading and "self-cleaning"

                  He mentioned putting for example UFF over a ceramic wax would ruin the water beading.

                  I don't think UFF is oriented to gloss, it's more like also for protection so not sure if I should keep using it in the middle or just stop using it, as you say it only takes 5 minutes to apply but it's still more risk of introducing new swirls, I just ordered a MM "Crazy Pile" though which seems it will be a extremely safe towel for this.



                  Haha I actually have a similar method when I do the "touchless application", I realized it takes me around 20-25 trigger presses to cover the whole car, according to how Meguiars show it in the videos, for example around 3-4 sprays for a medium hood. So I spray the ceramic wax (blue bottle) around 25 times inside a small 64 oz pump sprayer, then add around 32 oz of water and shake and spray way more evenly all around the car, then rinse off with pressure washer.

                  It seems to work to some degree, I do immediately notice some boost in beading and it becomes easier to dry the whole car with the leaf blower, however as I mentioned previously, it seems to take double the product for half the performance. But I take the extra cost to avoid introducing new swirls while rubbing towel.

                  I know it's more expensive now, but my first bottle was around $9 with a coupon at Walmart when it just came out and the bottle had last me quite a few applications, the cost per application seems to be less than a buck on this first bottle.

                  I know with M27 would be around $7-$10 per application, but I hope it lasts longer.
                  You're definitely overdoing this, in fact, any coat you apply over another coat depletes the one before, even if it's the same product, so you're not really layering as the top up or new coating takes away some of the previous coats protection. A ceramic is designed to bond with paint and if layered on top of a wax merely breaks down some of the wax, will provide some protection, hydrophobicity, beeding etc.. but to a lesser extent than you will be expecting.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

                    Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    You are way overthinking this. You already know you want to venture into new technology. So use the HCLW and as I mentioned and there are videos on the Meguiar's channel stating one can use the HCW spray as maintenance or the the ceramic detailer. SiO2 products are going to offer what you are looking for. UFF is not going to meet that criteria.
                    I would add that putting a layer of SIO2 over wax UFF will degrade it. Stick to correction, Liquid Ceramics as a base then top up and layer with either Liquid or Hybrid spray on... Although the games changing now with the new Ceramic prep coming out in '22.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax vs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (spray) vs Ultimate Fast Finish?

                      Originally posted by Mentalelf View Post
                      I would add that putting a layer of SIO2 over wax UFF will degrade it. Stick to correction, Liquid Ceramics as a base then top up and layer with either Liquid or Hybrid spray on... Although the games changing now with the new Ceramic prep coming out in '22.
                      It seems the incoming ceramic prep is promising. We'll definitely try that for the new Camaro project. The new wheels from 4Wheelonline are getting installed this week and then we'll prepare it for a new paint.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X