• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lines in new paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lines in new paint job

hello I am hoping someone would maybe have some answers.

I painted my fender this last spring and has looked great since i painted it.

But I notice now that the weather is changing I get these lines in the paint. attached pictures.

They are smooth and you cannot feel them when you rub your fingernail over them.

When I go over them with meguairs compound and polish they disappear.

I have done this twice now but the lines have come back.

doesn't look like the paint is failing and it still looks okay so I don't know what is happening.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: lines in new paint job

Honestly, it might help to break in another layer, maybe even a clear coat. On the other hand, it does not bring any special problems, except for aesthetics, these micro scratches will continue to occur, just the coating is such that even the smallest moments will be visible.

Comment

Re: lines in new paint job

thanks for the reply you may not believe this or not but I only see these when I am parked in my driveway. if I look at it when I am at work or the grocery I do not see them so I am not sure what is going on but will just keep a good coat of wax on it but it is weird.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');