• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Car Wash... have wax or cleaners in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Car Wash... have wax or cleaners in it?

Hey all,
    I use the NXT Car Wash (darn good stuff might i add) on my car all the time now...

I just finally recieved my new custom exhaust for my bike. It's make of Ceramic that is polished to look like chrome... which they call Ceramikrome. In the paper i got with it, it says:

Typical Maintence should only require washing with a mild soap and water. Occasional minor stains can be removed with a clean rag slightly damped (not wet or soaked) with gasoline and gental rubbing (do not scrub). ALSO TAKE CARE NOT TO ALLOW WAX TO CONTACT THE SURFACE OF THE PIPE as it can stain the pipe. MANY CAR WASH/CLEANERS contain waxes in them. Be sure to check the contents before allowing contact with the pipe.
    Can I use the NXT Car wash on my bike and around those pipes?

Thanks all!

If nobody on this forum can give you an answer, try some NXT on the pipes in a hiddin area and see what happens.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

mmm, the only hidden area i would be able to try is actually INSIDE the pipe before all the carbon starts to build-up. And i dont know if they polished it (or whatever they did) to the inside as they did the outside.

these pipes actually shoot out from the engine of the bike, so you can actually see 360 degrees around the pipes. Hard to explain without a pic. i know...

Comment

Re: NXT Car Wash... have wax or cleaners in it?

Originally posted by integraoligist
        [B
        Can I use the NXT Car wash on my bike and around those pipes?

Thanks all! [/B]
        Yes.

Also, try typing

Ceramikrome

Into our search engine...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

well for the past month i've just used a little NXT in a bucket, and just lightly went over the painted areas...

Used the Chrome polish on all the chrome parts instead of washing them down with the car wash...

And for the Ceramikrome pipes, I've used Aluminum/Mag polish (i heard it has lett abrasives in it then Chrome polish).

Comment

And what have your results been?

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

the chrome polish is nice, i havent attemped to take the bugs off of it from my last night ride yet... so they should be dried on there nice and hard by now, we'll see tomarrow.

as for the mag polish, it worked great, i had a 3" section of yellow boot heel melted on it, after a little rubbing 99% of it came off, and i just picked the little pieces off with my fingernail.

i'll take pic's asap and post them up.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');