• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which products do I use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which products do I use??

Hi there.

My parents went to USA an brought me half of the products of the picture above. I'm going to wash the car with the Turtle Wax Wash'n wax shampoo, which is the best product that I can buy here. Then I'm going to use the clay.

Then which products and in what order should I use them?
    First the DC cleaner?
    Second the ColorX or the DC Polish?

Maybe I use the Show Car Glaze, but its to difficult and hard to remove it. And to finish with, the Hi tech Yellow Wax or the DC #3 wax?? I think #26 its better than the DC Wax.

If I can get good Pads, I think that the best here are the 3M pads, I'm going to use a rotary buffer, and if not, I'll do it as always, by hand.

My car its Honda Civic sedan 1993. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanx

Last edited by Pablo; Jun 27, 2005, 05:18 PM.

Hi Pablo,

Your parents are very generous and you look to have a very nice collection of Meguiar's for all your future detailing needs.

First, you say you have a 1993 Honda Civic Sedan, what condition is it in currently?

Does it look like new? Or is the finish oxidized, swirled and scratched? Is this car parked outside most or all of the time?

These answers will help us to dial in your system. For now, some of the products in your collection are similar so you will not need to use all of them. Here's a basic guide to get you started assuming your finish has been neglected.

Wash
    Clay
    ScratchX
    Deep Crystal Polish
    M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax (2 thin coats

Another option would be to,

Wash
    Clay
    ColorX

Either way, you should produce fairly good results working with your hands if you focus on the task at hand.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, knows what he is talking about.

If you paint is in fairly good condition and you are working by hand, you could do the following as an alternative:

1. wash
      2. use the Mother's Clay kit with Showtime (good product)
      3. Deep Crystal 1 - cleaner
      4. Deep Crystal 2 - polish
      5. Deep Crystal 3 - wax

The consumer line (Deep Crystal) is a tried and true system and works really well. It is also much easier to use by hand than the professional line (#7 and #26). However, you could substitute #26 for the DC3 as Mike suggested, but imo the DC3 is a little easier to work with by hand. Same with Scratch X, you could substitue it for DC1. Scratch X is more aggressive for more difficult surface defects, but if you have just light oxidation, the DC1 will work fine. I wouldn't use the #7 by hand. The Color X would be a good choice as Mike suggested if your finish is in rough shape. It is a one step product that cleans, polishes, and protects. You could skip the cleaner and polish with Color X, but I would still top it off with either #26 or DC3 for added protection.
      Last edited by Bama; Jun 28, 2005, 05:09 AM.
      Bama

Comment

Thanks Mike and Bama. The condition of my car is really good, I wash the car once a week, and I waxed and polishd it once a month or twice, always with meguiars #26 and I use a polish that's produced here. The scratches aren't present on the car, but it has some swirl marks, I think they are produced, becase I'v always worked by hand.
        Anfortunately, I hace no Garage, so the car mostly of the time its outside, I'trying to find a good cover.
        I think I'm going to try the 3 step system, beacuse those prodcuts are new to me.

Comment

Re: Which products do I use??

Originally posted by Pablo
          I'm going to use a rotary buffer, and if not, I'll do it as always, by hand.
          I wouldn't use the rotary buffer with anything except #9.......Not quite sure about using it with #7 though, but the bottle should tell.
          r. b.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');