• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing help

ok so i want to start taking my detailing more seriously, tomorrow afternoon or friday I plan on polishing my car to remove some of the swirls and then wax the car. I have a G100 and the following items.

#7 Show Car Glaze
    ColorX
    NXT wax

I have already washed the car with Meguiars NXT car wash and have clayed all horizontal surfaces.

I had wanted to use #80 then NXT but I dont have any PBE's near me so I was only able to get #7 and #26

My question is what is the process I should use and in what order?

I was thinking the following either

ColorX
    NXT (possibly two coats)
    #26 to top it off

or

NXT (possibly two coats)

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated and thanks to this forum I have already learned a great deal.

Some of the thread's I read about detailing are very helpful. About applying NXT wax twice is a good idea. I have swirl trouble to. And I still can't get them out.

Comment

if it were me and I had the materials you have to work with I would: clay the ENTIRE car, then usethe G100 wtih an aplication of the #7, folowed with two coats of Nxt wit the G100. What year is the car, better yet what is the conditon of the paint?
      Rangerpowersports.com
      Ranger72

Comment

Re: detailing help

Hi duncan0802,

Seeing this is your first post... Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Using the products you already have and out of the two options you listed, go with this one...

Originally posted by duncan0802
        I was thinking the following either

ColorX
        NXT (possibly two coats)
        #26 to top it off
        Apply the ColorX using the 5.0 setting and work the product in well over the finish. Because ColorX is a strong cleaner/wax, in essences, you will be using this product like a dedicated paint cleaner and following up and building on the results you achieve with the other two waxes. Apply the other two waxes at the 3.0 setting by the way.

Remember when applying the ColorX, use a slow arm speed, and only work small sections at a time like one foot by one foot, and when moving on to the next section, overlap into the previous section for uniform material removal.

When you switch to the other two waxes, you can then work on larger sections as the work portion of your process will be over, by this we mean the defect removal portion will be over and now you will be merely trying to apply a thin, uniform coating of wax.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');