• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smelly new floor mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly new floor mats

I bought new rubber car mats and they have a sickly sweet smell that is driving me nuts! I have left them outside for about 7 days and washed them in our washing machine twice using soap and bleach. The smell has been reduced, but it is still there. Any suggestions to eliminate the smell?
    Rewop

Hey Rewop,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Getting the smells out of carpet can be difficult. The first thing to try after washing them thoroughly, is to use Meguiar's Odor Eliminator.

Car Odor Eliminator

It may take a couple of applications.

If that does not work, you may have difficultly getting the smell out. My brother owns a professional carpet cleaning company, and even with all of their "professional use only" chemicals, some carpets are just too far gone.

Give the Odor Eliminator a shot!! Hopefully, it should take care of the problem!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');