• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working on new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on new car

Hey all, I am starting on my new trail blazer, so far I have washed, and clayed. Now I have started to clean the paint with MPPC. Is this a chemical cleaner? Just put it on, work it in a little and wipe it off? You would be suprised at how dirty paint is, even on a new car. The surface is getting really smooth. I'm using the PC for the MPPC. Then I will switch to Swirl remover with rotary and 21. I have used most of Meguiar's stuff, just not sure about the use of MPPC.
    Thanks for the help.
    2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
    AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
    1st Place-Best Overall Detail
    3rd Place-Best of Show
    March 26th, 2011

Hi Mark,

Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner is uses both diminishing abrasives and chemical cleaners.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Working on new car

Originally posted by Mark McGuire
      Just put it on, work it in a little and wipe it off?
      MPPC works pretty good with the PC buffer. I use the 5 speed setting with a W-8006 pad and work it in for a minute or two, but don't buff dry.

Too bad this stuff has been discontinued.
      r. b.

Comment

Hey Mark,

Congrats on your new ride!

MPPC works great on new paint! I would agree with RB and use it with the PC and a W-8006 Pad.

Have you posted any pictures of your new rig?

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey Guys, thanks for the replys. I have been using MPPC with the PC and a polishing pad, but not Meguiars. I think I will switch. I have been having little balls of wax looking things fly off near the end of working one spot. Am I using to much product or is that a sign that the pad needs to be cleaned?

I will post some pictures after I'm done. Right now it looks like a new vehicle, when I'm done it will look like it just came out of the paint booth.
          Thanks again for the replys
          3rd Place-Best of Show
          March 26th, 2011

Comment

Hey Mark,

If you are getting the gumming of product, it is most likely a combination of using too much product and an over-saturated pad, mostly the latter. I would try the Meg's W-8006 Polishing Pad and apply a ring of product around the pad for a 2'x2' area.

Cheers!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim, I'll give it a try
              3rd Place-Best of Show
              March 26th, 2011

Comment

Working...