• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Protectant vs #40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Protectant vs #40

Just a question for those of you who have tried both the NXT Tech Protectant and #40, which do you prefer? And why do you like one over the other?

TIA

Mopar Fan,

Funny you should ask this, I just got a bottle of NXT about 2 weeks ago and grabed a bottle of #40 yesterday.

NXT:

I love this product for a few reasons:

1. Gloss - From the first swipe I got a great gloss and deep color on the dash and interior trim. I like the semi-gloss look to the trim so I apply and then wipe it lightly a few minutes later to remove the excess.

2. Longevity - I applied it to the dash of both of my vehicles 2 weeks ago and still have a great shine and can tell the product is still there. With some other products (in the Texas heat) I would already start to see some uneven patches and the dash would start to look dull and dry.

3. Cost - I picked up a bottle for about $7 and there is enough to probably last about a year.

The only negative that I saw was that it was a little greasy. Most noticeably on the trim where I rest my arm while driving.

#40:

From the first impressions, I actually like #40 better then NXT. Here is why:

1. Cleaning Ability - I noticed that when I cleaned a section of trim with the #40, I seem to get more dirt and other contaminents off. For example, I had a pen mark on the center console that I was unable to get off - but with a slight amount of work it came off with #40. I did not experience this with NXT.

2. Not as Greasy - After applying I noticed that the surface was not as slick feeling and did not rub off on my hand as much as the NXT. This was a definate plus for the areas that I normally contact. This does however trade off in the gloss - #40 has more of a matte finish (but is still shiny).

3. Looks great on tires and easy to apply - It only took about 3 sprays on an applicator pad to clean each tire after washing, and I love the look that it gives (not too shiny, but gives the tires that new look again).

The only down side of #40 is the cost. It costs about twice as much per oz. as the NXT and I haven't seen how it holds up over time - so it isn't really a fair comparison yet.

So, I would sum it by saying that both products are great - it just comes down to personal preference. As for me, I think I will probably stick with the #40 (if it holds up as well over time).

Just my humble opinion

G-

Comment

with everything g15389 said. I'd like to add that whenever I would get some rain on the door panel nxt seemed to show it more than #40. (probably due to the fact that nxt has alittle more shine to it, so I sticks out alittle more.) I perfer #40 with nxt a very close second on the inside, however if its for the out side trim, I like nxt better as it seems to hold up alittle better to the washings. (either one will need to be redone after a couple or rain showers or washing) #40 turns alittle white when I wash my door hadles for example and nxt stays black. I think it might have something to do with the cleaners in #40. your best bet for out side is #38 trim detailer or gold class trim detailer.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Actually, I use them both.

I like to use #40 on older, more soiled, lighter colored upholstery. That's because of it's cleaning action abilities.

I have found that the NXT works and looks very good on newer vehicles that do not require much cleaning.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Sounds like #40 works better on the inside, than on the outside......I too have noticed that it tends to fade out quicker after water touches it.
          r. b.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys!

After reading what you guys have to say, I think I am going to get #40 for the interior. And possibly GC Trim Detailer for the exterior.

Comment

Mopar Fan,

After you use the Trim Detailer would you mind posting your thoughts? I have not used it yet, and I would like to know how you think it performs.

G-

Comment

Mopar Fan,

After you use the Trim Detailer would you mind posting your thoughts? I have not used it yet, and I would like to know how you think it performs.

G-
                Sure, no problem. I will be picking up #40, and the Trim Detailer on Thursday. But I won't be using it until the weekend, so I'll let you know how it turns out then.

Comment

Well I picked up #40 along with a few other things last week. I used the #40 on the interior of a new Equinox. It worked really well, was just the perfect amount of gloss. But, unfortunately I couldn't find any Trim Detailer, so I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Comment

Mopar Fan,

Well, I must say after high hopes for #40 on the exterior trim, it faded rather quickly. The trim looks "cloudy" and apparently will not hold up well when used on the exterior. IMO it is still the best interior treatment given its cleaning properties.

No one product can do everything

G-

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');