• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I order #16? How does it look/feel compared to NXT and #26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I order #16? How does it look/feel compared to NXT and #26?

Good day,

I've been reading post about #16, but never heard or seen it in stores or websites till a picture was posted in one of the forums? Why is it I cannot locate this item on the Meguiar's E-store?

Additionally, I'm thinking of purchasing this as a LSP, but would anyone know it's cleaning, polishing, and protecting attributes? Where does it stand in aggressiveness and durability with the other waxes/sealants? How bout adding gloss and depth on black paint? Any combos with NXT or #21? Does this have similiar results to #26?

Thanks again for your help. Looking forward to hearing and seeing photos of this product in use.
    - "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

#16 has been discontinued you may find it around still but Meguiars no longer makes it. I have seen it on eBay from time to time.

Here is a great article on Meguiars Waxes...
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

It is still available in Europe. You can order it from Megs UK. It is priced around £12.5.

Alternatively, you can order it from Megs Switzerland or Austria, but the prices can be significantly higher.

Comment

I might be in the minority, but I'll tell you that you're not really missing anything. It was a really nice old style wax, one of the best, and it was of course a Meguiar's product. It was very reflective and glossy, but without a lot of depth. It could be difficult to work with; leave it on too long or apply anything other than the thinnest coat and you'd risk caking.

My opinion is that any one of the current products in either the consumer or the professional line is at least its equal, and in some cases they are FAR superior, both in protection and appearance.

I think that what people really liked most about #16 was that it had absolutely no cleaning ability. That's a characteristic that is highly prized by folks who like to layer products for extra effect. They also liked that it had a very clear look to it, like ice. On top of sealants it looked kind of watery.

IMO you can use Deep Crystal Step #3 liquid and get the same look. Or you could pick NXT, #21, MPPP, #20, GC, #6, #26 liquid or paste, A12, or ColorX, and get a more balanced look with greater depth and just as much protection (if not more).

Like I said, not that #16 wasn't any good, but the newer products are better. A 10 year old Miata has more horsepower, is more reliable than and handles better than a 1972 Porsche 911. But a '72 911 appreciates in value. #16 is just a wax. Time and technology march on.

If you have to have that type of product, the closest analog would be Mother's California Gold Carnauba Wax (Original Formula). It's a non-cleaner blend of carnauba and other waxes, a very dense and thick wax available online and in auto parts stores. But do yourself a favor and pick up #26 instead.

Tom
        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Thanks Mosca for the info.

I recently got #21 about a week ago and I'm waiting for some good weather to come to South Florida. And I seem to hear good remarks about ColorX, so I'll have to get a bottle of this in the near future. But until then, I'll continue to use the many Meguiar's products that I have and mix and match to see which produce the best results for me.

Thanks for the info all. As always, I appreciate the help.
          - "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');