• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished Detail but some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Detail but some questions

I first clayed the whole truck then I made three complete passes over my truck with #83, I then followed that with two passes of #80 and last two coats of NXT wax. People stop me and ask is that a new truck or where did you get that painted.

All I say is a little time and Mequiars. i will try and post some pics again if not i will email them to Mike and maybe he can post them.

Now to the questions.

When working with the #83 and #80 I had a lot and i mean a lot of dust from the product. After i would finish the days work i had to rewash the truck. Both mostly when i applied them. Does this mean i was working them to long? In Houston the temp and humidity are always high. 85 in the shade and 85 to 95% humidity. It is hell trying to get NXT off, but worth it.

Outside and inside trim protectant. What is recomended for each? i do not want a lot of shine on the inside. the last stuff i used ran down the side of the truck after a little shower. i now have become very AR about my trucks looks. i ran outside with SD and a microfiber to wipe the truck down.

You can not beat Mequiars products and the help from the forum.

Thanks to all.

Re: Finished Detail but some questions

Originally posted by jsolomon4
    I will try and post some pics again if not i will email them to Mike and maybe he can post them.
    Read through this and we'll cross our fingers our Photo Gallery will allow you to upload your photos. It works for me, but some people have had problems with the software. It is being looked into.

How to put pictures into your posts

Now to the questions.

When working with the #83 and #80 I had a lot and i mean a lot of dust from the product. After i would finish the days work i had to rewash the truck. Both mostly when i applied them. Does this mean i was working them to long? In Houston the temp and humidity are always high. 85 in the shade and 85 to 95% humidity. It is hell trying to get NXT off, but worth it.
    M83 can be dusty if you work it to long, M80 is pretty oily and in order to become dusty you would really have to work it a long time and be in a hot dry climate. Sounds like you have some of the factors working against you but not all of them?

A common question is,

"How long do I work the product"

Hands-on training is the best way to show a person how long to work a product, the next best thing is to tell you that you need to work a Meguiar's diminishing abrasive product long enough to break down the diminishing abrasives, but no so long that you buff to a dry buff. You should always have a wet film on the finish.

Outside and inside trim protectant. What is recommended for each? i do not want a lot of shine on the inside. the last stuff i used ran down the side of the truck after a little shower. i now have become very AR about my trucks looks. i ran outside with SD and a microfiber to wipe the truck down.

You can not beat Meguiar's products and the help from the forum.

Thanks to all.
    For exterior plastic, the goal is to apply only enough to penetrate and condition the plastic and this will restore the new look to it. Often times people over apply dressing to exterior plastic and the excess tends to sit on the surface and then run-off as you describe, so remember no matter who's product you're using, less is usually best.

For exterior plastic and trim, a lot of people like these products,

Gold Class Trim Detailer

Hyper-Dressing

For interior plastic and trim, you can use any of the above or any of these,

Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

NXT Generation Tech Protect

Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

#40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, I will try the upload again today. I want you guys at Mequiar's to see one of the pics for sure. As part of the package deal I got off the internet, it came with a 2' x 3' canvas banner with Mequiar's logo. I have this next to the finished truck.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');