• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Polish By hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Polish By hand

Hey want to know what is the best polish to use when doing all the work by hand. Also are there any tips I should know about.
    Only in a Jeep

Hey,

Firstly, what are your goals? Swirl removal, deep cleaning etc.???

If you want to remove swirls, the best choice would be Meguiar's ScratchX. Here is a link to a thread that explains the proper use of the product:

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

If you are after a thorough cleaning/light swirl removal plus adding some pure polish to the paint as well as a polymer, Meguiar's ColorX would be a great choice!

After using either or both of these products, I would top the paint with 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax!

I hope this helps!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: Best Polish By hand

Originally posted by Jonje
      Hey want to know what is the best polish to use when doing all the work by hand. Also are there any tips I should know about.
      Most all of Meguiar's polishes work well by hand.
      r. b.

Comment

I have already clayed the jeep now I am using scratchx on a few of the problem spots then I want to polish and wax.
        Only in a Jeep

Comment

The best polish for hand use is #81 Hand Polish. Next best choice would be Deep Crystal #2.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');