• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying...

Let's say you went to clay your car and let's say by accident or out of pure stupidity you grabbed the wrong bottle and clayed your car with I dunno... for fun... let's say #40. Would there be any adverse effects from using #40 instead of #34?

HMMM... hypathedically, if this were ever to happen, I would wash my car and inspect the paint. I would start from there.
    ROTFLMAO
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

Re: Claying...

Hi GBorrelli,

Seeing this is your first post... Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by GBorrelli
      Let's say you went to clay your car and let's say by accident or out of pure stupidity you grabbed the wrong bottle and clayed your car with I dunno... for fun... let's say #40. Would there be any adverse effects from using #40 instead of #34?
      It shouldn't hurt the paint, but the M40 may make the clay messy to work with. Sometimes at our Saturday detailing classes, people grab our Quik Wax because the bottle looks just like Quik Detailer and use it to clay with. It makes the clay all messy but it never hurts anything. We just wipe the area with Quik Detailer and remove the Quik Wax to the cupboard so it doesn't happen again and continue claying.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

oops.... For some reason I had a brain fart and thought you used #40 trim detailer! lol
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

No, I meant #40 Vinyl & Rubber. I guess I should wash and then re-clay the car with the correct product #34 Final Inspection. The paint seems to be fine, but the clay was indeed hard to work with and I threw out the peice I was using. I really can't beleive I did what I did. I'm the "King of Idiots."

Comment

So it was #40 vinyl and rubber. lol Well, as song as the paint is ok, I would wash, reclay (I doubt that it worked 100% properly with the 40) inspect the paint and take it from there. Definitley a good idea tossing the used clay. Your not the King of idiots, I'm sure people of have done worse, so maybe the Prince of Idiots. LOL Just Kidding.
            -Mike
            Rangerpowersports.com
            Ranger72

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');