• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Microfiber Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Microfiber Towels

I have never used "microfiber towels" and I wanted to know if they are considerably better than traditional, cotton towels.

I want to use them to remove wax I just applied, to use with Exterior "Quick Detailer", and to help dry off the car after a wash (although I do have a synthetic chamois and California Silicone Body Blade to remover water).

Is there any advantage to using a "microfiber towel with a waffle weave"?

Any ideas or opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Happy to offer my opinions.

I think micro-fiber towels are a big asset. I use a waffle-weave for water removal. I actually tossed my cali water blade after I saw marring of the finish. I also have a lot of contours on my car and the blade just didn't do a good job. I used to use leather chamois but I think waffle weave holds more water and is easier to wring out.

I use waffle weave for removing wax and most polishes. I like them fo rwindow cleaning too. I've found they work better than 100% cotton for these purposes.

Try a couple, the cost of trying them is nominal and I feel they are a great value. Buy good quality mf and not the cheapo's sold at discount stores as they are not nearly as good.

I wouldn't think of detailing a car without a bunch of mf towels. I feel they are that good.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Good microfiber towels are worth every penny. Once you try them, you will never go back. I still use a good terry towel to remove DACP, but I use microfiber for everything else.
      The biggest advantage to them is that you won't cause marring remotely as bad. A lot of the surface swirls are caused from drying. The microfiber drying towels have a open section in the weave where particles car stay if they happen to end up on the surface without scratching the finish. I have seen more damage done drying a car once with a wrong towel then years of washing with a good microfiber towel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
        Good microfiber towels are worth every penny. Once you try them, you will never go back. I still use a good terry towel to remove DACP, but I use microfiber for everything else.
        The biggest advantage to them is that you won't cause marring remotely as bad. A lot of the surface swirls are caused from drying. The microfiber drying towels have a open section in the weave where particles car stay if they happen to end up on the surface without scratching the finish. I have seen more damage done drying a car once with a wrong towel then years of washing with a good microfiber towel.

Microfibers/Waffle Weaves all the way! If you have a dark colored car they are a must. Dealers of vehicles should include a set of Meguiars Microfibers and a Water Magnet with all new vehicles!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387

Microfibers/Waffle Weaves all the way! If you have a dark colored car they are a must. Dealers of vehicles should include a set of Meguiars Microfibers and a Water Magnet with all new vehicles!

Attention Mike Philips,

This is one of the best ideas I've heard in years. I'd really appreciate a dealership who knew the value and would provide them in a new car. Huge marketing potential here. Especially if you could imprint a Meguiar's logo in the mf towel. Send this up to Barry.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');