• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First detail

Whoo Hoooo!

Well did my first one (actually finished it today). Clayed a few days ago, washed again this weekend, QD today and put a coat of Mirror Glaze #26 on the car. Looks great... so where that camera crew they send out to take the car pics? Oh I need to buy my own camera?!?!? ...

The claying was really easy using car shampoo Mirror Glaze 00 and water. Used Mirror Glaze #7 the other a couple of days ago and just plain ran out of steam after doing the polish. But it looked great the day I did it and still did today, was also nice and squeaky!

Using the QD after I rinsed and dried the car off today, and it was still shiny and squeaky from the polish. Put the #26 on my civic. It polish and the wax seems to have taken care of a lot of the fine scratches I was seeing in the paint before I polished it. The more noticeable sctratches seem (to me anyway) less so, now that the car really shines. But I know that they are there and looking into options to fix them.

Anyone in Seattle with a steady hand, wanna come and fill in my scratches for me? Looking into getting the actual chips in the hood wet sanded and painted or touched up and wet sanded. Their smaller than the head of a #2 pencil's eraser, so not sure the best way to go. The other scratches I'm thinking of have air brushed. But waiting how much or if at all, that they will correct with proper buffing by a local detailer. Anyone in Seattle wanna shot at it?

I'll post some pictures when I can get my paws on a buddies cam...

Da Bear

Hi BlkBear,

Sounds like it came out pretty well!

I know where Kirkland is, I use to do a lot of work for a PBE store in Puyallup. I lived in Densmore for a few months too. Actually worked at many, many car shows in Washington and put on a lot of detailing classes too.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Hi BlkBear,

Sounds like it came out pretty well!

I know where Kirkland is, I use to do a lot of work for a PBE store in Puyallup. I lived in Densmore for a few months too. Actually worked at many, many car shows in Washington and put on a lot of detailing classes too.
      Great Mike! When can I exepect you to knock on my door? (with DA and digital cam in hand of course)

Now that I have seen what the car can look like by hand, I'm itching to get a PC or DA. I was in Target today and spotted a Black& Decker random polisher for about $30, and was wondering.. "Hummm wonder what the folks on Megs have said this little puppy...", so came took a look see and for the most part everyone says save your pennies and get a PC or DA. sigh, you guys are gonna put me in the poor house... But I'll have the nicest shiniest car of anyone in that poor house!

I think this much be a disease (detailing), because I have a funny feeling I get an itch, and if I scratch it, I might have to coat it with scratch X and buff it out!

Da Bear
      aka Bert or Hey you, move it!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');