• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Newbie here, need some help on choosing detailing products I'm alittle confused. Just bought back in February the 2005 Acura TL anthracite (charcoal dark color) with camel interior. Which products would you use? I was told to use the NXT or the professionl (beige bottle) for this car. If you can help me pick out a line/product that gives me the best shine, pop and wow. Detailing my cars I can spend hours on, so time is not a problem.

Thanks for the help
    NOISER

Re: Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Originally posted by NOISEMIAMI
    Newbie here, need some help on choosing detailing products I'm a little confused. Just bought back in February the 2005 Acura TL anthracite (charcoal dark color) with camel interior. Which products would you use? I was told to use the NXT or the professional (beige bottle) for this car. If you can help me pick out a line/product that gives me the best shine, pop and wow. Detailing my cars I can spend hours on, so time is not a problem.

Thanks for the help
    NOISER
    Hi Noiser,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Hang on a second...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Newbie here, need some help on choosing detailing products I'm a little confused. Just bought back in February the 2005 Acura TL anthracite (charcoal dark color) with camel interior. Which products would you use?
      What I'm going to do is list some products and you can pick and choose which ones that you think you would like the best. First off, get yourself a Grit Guard Insert to insert into your wash bucket, this will enable dirt to fall to the bottom of your bucket where it will be trapped, preventing your from re-introducing dirt removed from one panel to another panel.

We spend a lot of time on this forum helping people to remove swirls and scratches, in a perfect world, you wouldn't put swirls and scratches into the finish in the first place and a Grit Guard will help you to do this.

more information on the way...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Another member named Dutch used some ColorX on his Accord (same as your TL in other places) here is a pic from his thread.

this is his thread
        We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

When it comes to wax though, I never use anything but NXT. Best looking wax ive ever used. It adds a deep dark reflection to my Civic.
        "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Newbie here, need some help on choosing detailing products I'm alittle confused. Just bought back in February the 2005 Acura TL anthracite (charcoal dark color) with camel interior.

Which products would you use?

Thanks for the help
          NOISER
          As for a car wash soap, our top shelf car wash would be our Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner,

NXT Car Wash is also very popular.

To actually loosen and remove dirt, what's best is personal preferences, but Meguiar's offers an number of premium quality solutions you can check out here...

Car Washing Tools

Same goes for drying the excess water off the car...

Car Drying Tools

After you've stocked up everything you'll need to wash and dry the car, the next thing you'll want to do is evaluate the car's finish with both your eyes and your sense of touch. If after washing and drying when you draw the palm of your clean hand across the horizontal surfaces and feel little tiny bumps, this is an indicator of above surface bonded contaminants, yes, even a brand new car can need claying, you'll never know till you inspect.

If you do discover tiny little bumps on the finish then you'll want to clay your car's finish first and foremost as having contaminants on the finish will interfere with everything else you'll want to do to the finish.

For claying, check into Quik Clay System

Either after you've clayed your car's finish, or established that it doesn't need claying, then you move on to the next steps in Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle. Each step consists of a process and a category of products to perform a specific function to your car's paint. you don't have to do all the steps, it's kind of dependent upon the condition of the finish and also how car crazy your are.

For example, if you car's finish has no visible swirl, scratches or oxidation, then you don't need to use a paint cleaner.

Another example would be applying a pure polish, you don't' have to apply a pure polish, but for darker colors it really adds a lot of richness of paint color as well as clarity and gloss.

If after washing and drying your car your visual inspection in bright light reveals swirls and scratches, (Yes, even new cars can have swirls, it's called the Dealer Installed Swirl Option, or DISO
          ), then you'll want to use a paint cleaner like either Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner for very light cleaning, or ScratchX for removing swirls and scratches.

After the cleaning step, you can then apply a pure polish to really increase the gloss and richness of color of your car's paint, for this an easy product to use that works great is Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish

For a product like this, you simply apply the product, work it in gently and then remove and move on to a new section as Meguiar's polishes don't have to dry and actually shouldn't be allowed to dry, simply apply, work in and then remove.

After polishing the entire car, (Remember this is optional), the apply two thin coats of your favorite wax. Any of the below would be great choices, you'll have to decide which one is right your car and and your eyes by pretty much asking others what they think and then trying a few out for yourself.

NEW NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste
          NXT Generation Tech Wax
          Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax
          #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

All of the above waxes need to dry before removing them, to help you understand when a Meguiar's wax is ready to dry, use the Swipe Test

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

To apply Meguiar's paint cleaners, polishes and waxes, you can use either of the below...

High-Tech Applicator Pad
          Even Coat Applicator

To remove any of the above products, Meguiar's recommends premium quality microfiber polishing cloths or clean soft, plush 100% cotton towels. To help you with this, Meguiar's offers high quality solutions...

Supreme Shine Microfiber
          Ultra Plush Super Terry

Remember, two thin coats always provides a more uniform appearance with more uniform coverage for protection. Once you have all of this done, then you can maintain these results with a mist & wipe quick detailer, like either of these...

NEW NXT Generation Speed Detailer
          Quik Detailer

To restore that just waxed look, you can use either of these...

Quik Wax
          NXT Generation Spray Wax

Here are two how-to articles that show you how to use spray waxes...

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax
          How to Get Great Results Using Meguiar's Spray Waxes

The above should point you in the right direction as to the tools and product you'll need to properly maintain the exterior of you new car. We can also offer some suggestions for maintaining the interior also...

Hope this helps...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by soonercivic
            Another member named Dutch used some ColorX on his Accord (same as your TL in other places) here is a pic from his thread.

this is his thread
            We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

When it comes to wax though, I never use anything but NXT. Best looking wax ive ever used. It adds a deep dark reflection to my Civic.
            hey soonercivic,

thanks for the reply and for the link.. Dutch's car is exactly what I want.

When I'm done with my car I'll post pictures.
            thanks, NOISER

Comment

Re: Re: Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Hey Mike,

Thanks for information going to look it over then order the products online tonight or tomorrow. Question, can mix the different products together?

Thanks, NOISER

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Hey Mike,

Thanks for information going to look it over then order the products online tonight or tomorrow. Question, can mix the different products together?

Thanks, NOISER
                Yes. You can use a paint cleaner from our Consumer Line, (ScratchX, followed by a polish from either or Professional Line or our Consumer Line, and then follow that with a wax from either line without any compatibility issues.

On the ColorX suggestion, I didn't suggest the ColorX because it's a one-step strong cleaner/wax for finishes in neglected condition. You can use it on a new car safely and with good results, but typically, if your car's finish is in good to excellent condition, most people would use a wax like Tech Wax, or Gold Class or M26 instead as they don't need the cleaning ability of the ColorX.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Yes. You can use a paint cleaner from our Consumer Line, (ScratchX, followed by a polish from either or Professional Line or our Consumer Line, and then follow that with a wax from either line without any compatibility issues.

On the ColorX suggestion, I didn't suggest the ColorX because it's a one-step strong cleaner/wax for finishes in neglected condition. You can use it on a new car safely and with good results, but typically, if your car's finish is in good to excellent condition, most people would use a wax like Tech Wax, or Gold Class or M26 instead as they don't need the cleaning ability of the ColorX.
                  Mike,

What do you think of getting a glaze then use the NXT wax?

NOISER

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Mike,

What do you think of getting a glaze then use the NXT wax?

NOISER
                    If you're looking for a mile deep shine, then a polish like Deep Crystal Polish before NXT Tech wax is a good combination.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help in detailing 2005 Acura TL

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      If you're looking for a mile deep shine, then a polish like Deep Crystal Polish before NXT Tech wax is a good combination.
                      Mike,
                      This is what I'm planning on ordering let me know if this ok.

NXT Car wash, Quik clay system or Detailing clay C2000
                      ScratchX or Deep Crystal paint cleaner
                      M0716 Show car glaze or Deep Crystal Polish
                      NXT Generation Tech Wax
                      Speed Detailer and NXT Generation Spray Wax
                      Ultra plush wash mitt.

I looked for the grit guard insert didn't see it.

Thanks,
                      NOISER

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good order, though you'll probably want to stick with the Quick Clay. Either polish will work great for you. I highly recomend a couple Water Magnet Towels for drying.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Here is a Acura that I done with my girlfriend. It belong's to a co worker of her's.
                          Last edited by JG_Detailing; Aug 2, 2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                            Sounds like a pretty good order, though you'll probably want to stick with the Quick Clay. Either polish will work great for you. I highly recomend a couple Water Magnet Towels for drying.
                            Hey Murr1525,

Which polish would you pick? I was planning on getting the water towels, thought I would get 2. What would you use for leather?

Thanks NOISER

Comment

Originally posted by chevyman2001
                              Here is a Acura that I done with my girlfriend. It belong's to a co worker of her's.
                              Hey chevyman,

That's a nice Acura, love that color. My 05 is the anthracite color. Did you use the products that are on the list?

Thanks, NOISER

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');