• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moldy Vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moldy Vinyl

My friend and I were detailing his 1989 chevy s10 today and when we took the seat cover off his vinyl had some kind of mold on it. We used soap and water didnt work tried nxt tech protect didnt work so now what?
    Only in a Jeep

Well, Meguiars does make a vinyl cleaner, though I dont know too much about it. The Tech Protectants wont clean, just protect.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

A scrub brush and #40 might do the trick......Or you can try Natural Shine (Found at Auto Zone) with the brush too.

Both of these products have great cleaning ability.

One other option would be #39 Vinyl Cleaner/brush combo (Be sure to wipe this off), followed by #40, Natural Shine, or NXT Protectant, etc.
      r. b.

Comment

Thanks
        Only in a Jeep

Comment

I'd go straight for the All Purpose Cleaner

Chris
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Nemlich
            I'd go straight for the All Purpose Cleaner

Chris
            Chris makes a good point.

I have the old APC+ formula, and I am going to try the new stuff when this bottle runs out.

APC+ is the best all around cleaner that we have ever had!

The smell is great too!.......(Wife says it's good enough to sell for cologne.........Not sure about that one!)
            Last edited by rusty bumper; Jul 25, 2005, 11:36 AM.
            r. b.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');