• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond Plate Aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Plate Aluminum

What is the best way to polish/remove Diamond Plate Alum using Meguiars Metal Polish. And How often to do it?
    Support The Troops, Americans, Canadians, British. If They Are Ours Support them.

Either a terry towel or a combination of felt wheels. Though not Meg's products, Flitz makes a felt ball that attaches to a drill, as does Mother's, both make it easy to get inbetween the raised areas.

Comment

Thank you. I do have on of the mothers polishing balls. Although sometimes it does not take all the residue off at the bottem of the diamonds.
      Support The Troops, Americans, Canadians, British. If They Are Ours Support them.

Comment

If you really want to take your time, you may want to look into getting a collection of felt wheels, cones, and cotton mushroom attachments for polishing aluminum. They are designed to reach areas that other attachments can't get to. I have seen them advertised as aluminum polishing kits at a few hobby sites online.

Comment

What are these sites if you can remember them? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Check your PM

Comment

I've ordered several buffing wheel products from this vendor. Good service and you can call for recommendations.

I've also tried the Powerball and you're right: the foam will deflect and not get into the base of the diamond plate.

Totoland Mach
              Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

i know this isn't a meguiars product but, the best aluminum polish i have found is the purple metal polish from California Customs. i have polished aluminum wheels and can do all of them in 15 minutes with this stuff.
                NA

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');