• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Supreme MF and Water Magnet towel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Supreme MF and Water Magnet towel.

This might be a silly question. I bought both the Supreme MF towel and the Water Magnet towel. Feeling the both of them I do notice the Water Magnet is tad bit rougher then the Supreme Shine MF, is there any chance the Water Magnet could cause minor scratches or swirls, seeing as its rougher than the Supreme Shine MF? I only use Meguiars products and I know they make quality items and know they wouldn't make a product that could potentially cause scratches, but in the back of my mind I always like to question anything that touches my clearcoat. Sorry if this question seems silly.

Ed.

water magnet is used to dry your car. So applying alot of pressure isnt nessary. The SSMF is used for removing wax as well as for your final wipe.
    Only in a Jeep

Comment

I have a couple Water Magnets and love them. Seem soft (enough), especially when wet. Have used them a half dozen times already (and have even machine washed them) and so far so good, no marks (scratches) that I can see.
      Purdue Gear head

Comment

EdJ,

I had the same feeling when I first felt the water magnet. Like you, I have learned to trust Meguiar's.

That being said...whether or not it cause swirls should not be a question. Drying a car should be done by a blotting method, not by wiping. If you take the spray nozzle off the hose and sheet water of the car, only a small amount will remain and you can easily blot it off. I tend to only wipe on windows.

Even if you do wipe some, I do not believe this towel will induce swirls, especially when it is damp.

Just my $.02...

Chris
        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

after you've sheeted off as much water possible with just the hose, use the water magnet and blot /soak up as much/most of the water (shouldn't be that much as it absorbs alot) and follow up with a supreme microfiber.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');