• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Between Quick Wax to Starting the Process Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Between Quick Wax to Starting the Process Over?

You guys are gonna get to a point where your gonna say: "Man, that new guy sure does ask a lot of qustions." But, it is the engineer in me and I need to see it in 3-Dimensional in my minds eye before jumping in I guess.

OK; Here I go.

Let's say; I have gone thru all the processes from the Washing, Claying, etc. to the Final Wax Job (Steps 1 thru 4 of the 5 Steps). Then, under maintaining (Step 5), we end up using the Quick Wax to keep the shine up. How long can I use the quick wax process before going back to the begining again? Is it a duration in time thing or is it when I can feel stuff embedded in the paint after a wash and then I know it is time to start the process all over?
    Last edited by BJClarke001; Jul 25, 2005, 11:52 AM.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Thw Quik Wax will extend the life of your regular liquid or paste wax. I find the best way to judge if the wax is gone is to watch how water rolls off the paint after you rinse during a car wash. If the water just sits there, it is time to rewax. If the water sheets off or rolls off of the paint, there is probably still some wax protection left.

Your strategy is a good one. I use the NXT Spray Booster Wax after every car wash and, when combined with NXT Paste as a base, the gloss and durability are great!

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');