• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quik Clay Detailing System (Need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Clay Detailing System (Need help)

I've been trying to find a post or article explaining how to correctly use the Quik Clay Detailing System. Can anyone provide me with a link or step by step instruction on how to properly clay without causing damage or making my life difficult when I go clay my car? Thanks for all the help.

Ed.

Hi Ed,

We have plenty of threads that discuss this, but no dedicated articles on this topic. If you give me a day or two I'll write one with pictures and post it.

If you want to clay your car tonight or tomorrow then I can put something together quickly.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply, I enjoy reading this forum more and more everyday, everyone is very helpful and knowledgable. I was planning to buy the clay tommarow morning to apply it on the car this weekend. I like asking questions ahead of time, that way when it comes time work on the car I have read and studied all the information I have gathered to do the job correctly. Thanks again.

Ed.

Comment

Go a head and get the supplies you need, I access to a couple of neighbors cars that sit outside all the time and can probably use a good claying and I'll see if I can borrow one for an article.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Its real easy, nothing to worry about. You'd have to apply it with a hammer to mess up your car. Mike's write-up should be good too.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Okay, I've obtained a demo car for the how-to article, the paint is not in the best condition, but the Corvette is parked outside 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I wiped a section down with some Quick Detailer and felt the surface and it definitely has above surface bonded contaminants.

Because it's not in the best shape to start with, I was thinking about using ColorX by machine. The owners are members of the Wild West Corvette Club and plan on painting and restoring this car in the future as they really like this body style.

What's everyone think?
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Well I think you need to work your magic and show us what the finish really looks like at its Maximum Potential!

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Because it's not in the best shape to start with, I was thinking about using ColorX by machine. The owners are members of the Wild West Corvette Club and plan on painting and restoring this car in the future as they really like this body style.

What's everyone think? [/B]
              Richard Lin
              ShowCarDetailing
              5548 E. La Palma Ave
              Anaheim, CA 92807
              toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

What's everyone think?
                That paint looks like it could be restored to me.

Are you going to use ColorX before you use clay?

I mean, is the finish in need of ColorX before claying?
                Last edited by rusty bumper; Jul 26, 2005, 09:07 PM.
                r. b.

Comment

I'd love to see a excellent write up on the quick detailing clay bar system. i also plan on doing so with my car in the next few months

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');