• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success removing overspray with clay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success removing overspray with clay?

-Can clay remove extensive overspray?

I've have great experience in the past removing contaminants. But now the whole car (except for the newly painted roof) feels very rough, which means that the car must be coated in overspray from the booth.

-Does this sound like something that my home clay can remove?
    -How long do I have before it will be too late?

Re: Success removing overspray with clay?

Originally posted by thejazzguy
    -Can clay remove extensive overspray?

I've have great experience in the past removing contaminants. But now the whole car (except for the newly painted roof) feels very rough, which means that the car must be coated in overspray from the booth.

-Does this sound like something that my home clay can remove?
    -How long do I have before it will be too late?
    It takes a little more effort to remove paint overspray from the finish than it does other types of contamination.

Regular clay can remove overspray, but it will take some time to do it.

If the regular clay doesn't do it, then I would see about getting something a little more aggressive.

Since the bodyshop is responsible for the overspray, then I would contact them and ask them to provide me with a good clay for this type of purpose...........It never hurts to ask.
    r. b.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');