• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to embark on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to embark on..

Hey guys and girls. I'm about to embark into my first real detail job. Before I use to consider a clean car a wash with a bucket and a dry. Then I moved up to drying and waxing. Only to find out detailing is much more then that. I want to apologize for my post being as long as it will be. But I want to be sure I thoroughly understand the concepts and what the best products are.

To give you an idea as to what I want from my detail job, I'm entering my Civic into a major show in the area, and I want it to be the aboslute cleanest it can be. One thing I proud myself on is how clean my car is at all times. So here's a picture to see the color and what it looks like:

Now, here is what I plan on doing:

1)Washing - 2 bucket method to elminate dirt in the clean water (will probably wash with the bucket twice)

2)Drying completing, including door jams, trunk, and engine to elminate any running water

3) Clay Bar - Paint is fairly new but has some spots that need clayed. I plan on doing the majority of the car.

4)Paint Cleaner - Going to use the paint cleaner as the fourth step.

5) Polish - Going to polish as the fifth step.

6) Wax - 2 even layers.

7) Maintence upon arrival at the show.

Now my questions are:

1) Which soap do the professionals perfer to use? NXT Car Wash or Deep Crystal Car Wash Soap.
    2) Which wax do you guys perfer to use? Deep Crystal System Step 3 Carnauba Wax, NXT Tech Wax, Show Car Glaze Wax (tan bottle, saw it in the auto store)
    3)When i get to the show, what is the best way to bring out the wax again before the show opens? Quick Detailer, Quick Wax, NXT Spray Wax, NXT Speed Detailer?
    4) Exterior Trim, which is better exterior trim detailer or gold class trim detailer?
    5) which towels from meguiar's are the best for drying the car? I thought i was reading about a type of waffle weave drying towel.
    6)which towels are best for applying the products (waxes, quick details, clay process)

finally, is it possible to order meguiar's products directly from this website, or are their suppliers websites that I can order from? I want to order it all at once, instead of tryin to get some online and some at shops around here. websites that I can order from will also be greatly appreciated!

alright, the look I want for my civic is I want it to be as shiney and deep as possible, and just reflect and show the red. also, i will be applying this by hand and not by machine. again, sorry for such a long post but I love this website and am so glad i found it. now I'm looking to get some info so hopefully you excellent detailers and professionals can help out a newbie.

justin

1). Wash with any soap you like... a good Meguiars soap of course.. I have used Gold Class and Nxt. I find the Nxt cleans a little better, and helps with hard water. Gold Class leaves a glossier and slicker finish behind. Deep Crystal isnt quite as good in my opinion, but still very good compared to other comapnies.

1A). Clay the whole car.. Spots you dont clay can actualy stand out.

2.) Again, I prefer Gold Class or Nxt. Nxt has better durability and perhaps shinier, and Gold Class might add a little deeper look on dark colors. Your pic didnt show up, so I am not sure which color you have.

3). Once at a show, a detailer is probably best to use. Which one is up to you. I might go with Nxt, esp if you use Nxt wax.

4). I like the Gold Class trim detailer, as I can apply it with a cloth, or brush/sponge, etc in a controled way.

5). I love the Water Magnet. This is the waffle weave you are refering to. Probably need a couple.

6). To apply, you will want either a High-Tec Foam Applicator, or the Even Coat Applicator. One per Product.

7). To remove, the Supreme SHine Microfiber works great. At least one per product.

8). You can order from the website, or call the toll free number. Other auto care places online carry the stuff, as do the Autozone, Pep-boys type of places. Prices can vary a bit.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');