• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overkill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overkill?

I just applied a coat of M26 about a week ago. I am gonna be waxing my car about once a month. So when I go to wax it next time, I was going to apply some M7, NXT, then M26. Is this going a bit overboard? The car is outside 24/7 so I am just trying to keep it looking really good.

The NXT should go over the M7 to help with eliminate the fine scratches, etc. before the M26 as a final layer?

Does this make any sense?

It wont hurt anything but do half of the hood the way you plan and the other half with just NXT. Let us know if the additional products and work was worth it.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

2 layers of wax is recomnded as the best amount, so a layer of each should be perfect. I am not sure how they look together, but should look quite nice. Just have to try it.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If you are short on time you could always set up a "detailing plan"; say use Cleaner, #7 and NXT every 6 months ---- #7 and NXT every three months ---- Use NXT alone every month. Just food for thought! Good luck!

I don't think using a wax to much is overkill.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There comes a point when putting on more wax is couter productive as you're just removing the wax that was there and putting in new wax. You can only layer so much.
          I like to gather information.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            If you are short on time you could always set up a "detailing plan"; say use Cleaner, #7 and NXT every 6 months ---- #7 and NXT every three months ---- Use NXT alone every month. Just food for thought! Good luck!

I don't think using a wax to much is overkill.
            I like that idea. Would M9 count as a cleaner, or should I just use DCS 1?

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2
              I like that idea. Would M9 count as a cleaner, or should I just use DCS 1?
              Yes #9 is a cleaner and a polish in one...

DC#1 is a chemical cleaner only no polish...

I have used both #9 and DC#1 both very gentle.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');