• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consistency of Metal Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistency of Metal Polish

Hi Guys!

I received today my deliveries in germany from my wholesaler. I`m dealing with tuningparts and since a few month with Meguiars parts. I had a request for the NXT Metal polish and ordered it. Today i checked the can of the polish and heard during shaking slowly, that the COMPLETE polish moves up and down. I opened it (should there be a seal under the cover?) and checked the Consistency of it: It was HARD! I pressed 1 finger in, and it was moving in only a few mm. I expected a little softer Consistency of the stuff, but maybe I´m wrong! But how can I use a towel or applicator pad if the Consistency is hard???

Problem is, that I´m buying actually from a wholesaler in germany, not from Megs directly, so these guys dont know much about it and the german forum is.... hmm.. quiet not good.

Please tell me how the Consistency should be! Should it be like cream or should it be hard and only a little "soft"??? PLEASE ANSWER SOON, so I can claim this product and get a replacement for the customer.

Sounds like yours is a bit thicker than what I got from Meguairs. There was no seal under the lid, but was still a bit softer/creamier it sounds like.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have the NXT All Metal Polish and it's alittle hard but not to hard that I can't wipe a applicator on it. It didn't have a seal on it.

Comment

I just grabbed a jar of this and placed my finger into it to get a feel for the consistency and I would say it's about as firm as some cooking shortening, or perhaps a little more firm than pudding.

I'm pretty sure I've had a container where it was more firm in its consistency. As long as you can scoop some out onto an applicator pad, or a peice of terry cloth to apply it then it should be okay to use like it is.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you for answering. But do you think it is OK if there would be no cover of the can and you turn it around, the COMPLETE Metal polish will fell out in one piece? You can here the polish falling around if you shake the can. And also, its not like pudding or whatever - its really hard so you can stick in your fingertips only 1-2mm. I will try to apply this with a pad on my polished wheels to see how its working, but I`m afraid that THIS is not OK.

Comment

It sounds like it has dried up, or dried out.

Try to get a replacement.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. I checked again and I believe its not possible to work with this stuff. I`ve send a claim to the supplier, hope it will be OK with a replacement - in germany its not a real "customer friendly society"...

Comment

My can of NXT All Metal Polysh seems fairly firm in consistancy. However, I just rub an applicator in circles and it sort of melts a little and works just fine.
                Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');